• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Miracle On The Hudson" 10 Years Ago, Today

hemi71x

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
As an aviation enthusiast i have been keeping track of the thread Who Likes Aircraft, on the forum.

It's now the 10th anniversary of the landing of now whats known as the Miracle On The Hudson, of the Airbus A320 jet, that the captain Chesley Sullenberger, and co pilot Jeff Skiles expertly put that jet down on the waters of the Hudson River.

Everyone got thru that incident without any loss of life.
What an accomplishment.

My "bucket list" would be to meet those guys and shake their hands, and give them a big salute.
"Sully" was an F-4 pilot in the Air Force, and i sure would have liked to have been his crew chief on the flight line.
I hold you guys in high esteem.
Thank you all.

See the movie “Sully” if you haven’t. Well done.

The communications between sully and the air traffic controllers is on YouTube and let me say it’s pretty neat (and kinda funny) to hear sully tell them he’s not going to try and make it back to the airport.

10 years? How time seems to fly as we get older.

Sully had his armchair critics, the 'experts' that weren't sitting in the cockpit when he was making life or death decisions. Suppose that's the drill; but he kept his composure with so many souls in his hands. Incredible man.

Sully had his armchair critics, the 'experts' that weren't sitting in the cockpit when he was making life or death decisions. Suppose that's the drill; but he kept his composure with so many souls in his hands. Incredible man.
Absolutely. I use the word "hero" very sparingly. That man is a hero.

I get a kick out of guys that 'say' how heroic they'd be in a life or death situation; but never have been in one. I'd trust the guys more who say "Don't know; hope I'd do the right thing."

That was a set of skills, along with good timing and locations...that worked out perfectly. So many things could have been different. I was in awe of that whole deal.

Bird strikes. Just one more of many reasons that I no longer fly. Since I retired a year ago I have not been on an airplane. Fortunately, anywhere that I need to go or anyone who I need to see is within driving distance.

63B9833A-793E-47DD-9433-75D0E4C90D90.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back