• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missed it by that much!!!

whayden2003

Local time
5:48 AM
Reaction score
SO close to getting to drivetrain for the RR. Then whamo. Wife's Enclave spins a rod bearing. Son of a $&:@: That's a 4400 buck hit right in the junk. That's a GM reman with me installing it. Plus got to pay the 1200 buck core charge too. So 5600 bucks out the old bill fold.

Look at the bright side, you get the core $$ back when you're done. Good Luck

Uh, why do you even have a Gooberment Motors product in the first place!!? :D Sorry that happened.

That sucks, have fun replacing it...

Go to car-part.com and see if you can source one in a yard before dropping that kind of cash. Most likely if the car has enough mileage to be out of warranty and spin a bearing than you will never recoup the cost of buying a new motor. Spend the 2k you save on your drive-train.

Definitely go used. $450 bucks for a 3.8 in my deer killing work beater impala. Have another 75000 miles on it since!

SO close to getting to drivetrain for the RR. Then whamo. Wife's Enclave spins a rod bearing. Son of a $&:@: That's a 4400 buck hit right in the junk. That's a GM reman with me installing it. Plus got to pay the 1200 buck core charge too. So 5600 bucks out the old bill fold.

OUCH ! ! !

No go fund me's needed. Lol. Haven't been to coparts. Hit the normal salvage yards. 2800 for one with 105k. Not doing that.

My oldest and me got it on the lift this evening. We both just kind of stared at it sitting in our chairs holding the drop light. Minutes insused. At the same time we turned to each other,the boy said "wonder if dinner is ready".

I guess it was a bad time for you to give up your gigolo'ing biz.

Hope you can build up your DT fund soon.

Exactly why I've been driving Police Interceptors for the past 20+ years. They're big, roomy, safe, and cheap. Blow an engine? Junk it and buy another car for half the price of that GM engine. :)

GMC = Generally Made Crappy, Garbage Maintance Crew, Glossy Made Chevy, Get More Cash,
I will never buy anything with a distributor in the back period. Sounds like you need to have a mysterious fire :steering:

Well. The Buick is alive again. Enjoy the non Mopar pics(just me I didn't). 30 over bore. New pistons,turned crank,big end of rods bored. Heads redone. All. Ew exhaust valves. Of course new rod/main bearings,oil pump,timing chainS. Running good so far. Back to working in the shop for Mopar parts.

IMG_2826.JPG IMG_2828.JPG IMG_2830.JPG IMG_2850.JPG IMG_2851.JPG IMG_2852.JPG IMG_2853.JPG

Why would this motor spin a rod bearing??
I have not heard of any late model motors with problems of spinning a main or rod bearing?

Auto Transport Service
Back