• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing fendertag and no buildsheet, 69 Charger.

nosferatu

Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
i40623291._szw1280h1280_~2.jpg

Hello everybody, my name is Marco and I live in the Netherlands. A few years ago I bought a '69 Charger. It needed a complete restoration so I started to tear it down piece by piece. The thing is that it was an honest car, by that I mean it was almost completely original and not welded or repainted, so all the things I want to know about the car I can see for myself. The car was sitting for many years, no doubt about that! The thing is that I didn't found any buildsheet and I also don't have the fendertag! The car came from Alabama, it had a sticker on the backwindow wich says " Auburn University". Maybe someone knows something more about the car or has found the fendertag and/or buildsheet? The VIN is XP29H9B394063, any info or pics are welcome.
Greetings, Marco (www.69charger.nl)

Last edited:
Sounds like a good starting point for rebuilding. My car didn't have the build sheet either, and the fender tag was gone before I purchased it many years ago. I've read that the build sheets are typically under the back seat, but since it has been 50 years since these cars were built, it is not surprising that they are long gone.

I took it as an invitation to build the car the way I wanted, since there is no longer any traceability to what the car originally was. Fortunately, you should still be able to find out some information from the Vehicle Identification Number.... At least what the original engine was.

In my 1970 Coronet we found THREE build sheets, none for my car. One under the dash on the heater, one under a front bucket seat, one under the rear seat.. I did, however get the original fender tag.
You have an excellent car! I’m envious.

We can tell you A LOT about your car, even if you don't have the fender tag or build sheet. Since you are in the Netherlands, parts are not easy to find, so it is probably 99% the same as when it left the USA. Can you please take a lot more pictures & post them here?

Here is a copy of a blank 1969 build sheet.
http://www.moparts.org/Tech/tech/logos/build-sheet69.pdf

Certain options are always found on 69 Chargers & others only come in "option packages" (groups of options). If we see enough pictures and you answer a few questions, we should be able to tell you a lot about your car.

Did you check for the buildsheet above the glove box cardboard liner ? sometimes taped to the top of it.... or the top of the radio of all places.... under the carpeting.... found them in many weird places over the years, just say'in here..... NOT always behind the rear seat.
Once you get into restoring and dis-assembling, just keep an eye out as it could be anywhere.

View attachment 711703
Hello everybody, my name is Marco and I live in the Netherlands. A few years ago I bought a '69 Charger. It needed a complete restoration so I started to tear it down piece by piece. The thing is that it was an honest car, by that I mean it was almost completely original and not welded or repainted, so all the things I want to know about the car I can see for myself. The car was sitting for many years, no doubt about that! The thing is that I didn't found any buildsheet and I also don't have the fendertag! The car came from Alabama, it had a sticker on the backwindow wich says " Auburn University". Maybe someone knows something more about the car or has found the fendertag and/or buildsheet? The VIN is XP29H9B394063, any info or pics are welcome.
Greetings, Marco (www.69charger.nl)
It's the same color (F3 - Light Green Metallic) as the Charger I bought new in Alabama in 1969 (and still own)
12 Feb 69 - LF.jpg
. I've only seen one other '69 the same color and without a vinyl top in the 53 years since.

Auto Transport Service
Back