• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern conveniences added in to old cars.... Let's see what you've done!

Hemirunner

Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
Ok, my 70RR came from the factory with EFI, power windows, power steering, power disc brakes, cruise control, A/C, remote power door locks with the key fob, viper alarm, remote start, USB charging ports, center console with 4 cup holders, leather interior with built in seat heaters, an Ipad mini built into the dash, full touch screen GPS and a killer sound system....

Oh wait.... maybe that's what I wish it had. What modern conveniences have you guys swapped in to your old cars? I'm getting spoiled driving a new F150 with all of the above (minus the ipad) and would like to add a bunch of these features to my old RR.

For a driver...all I'd want is cruise, a couple cup holders, and A/C. My 68 road runner[summer toy] has only a heater, and I could do without that.

My 67 has aftermarket A/C, almost a necessity in Texas. Beyond that the only other thing that might be nice would be disc brakes but I'm not in a big hurry there. All the rest of that stuff kind of defeats the purpose of having a 60s muscle car IMO.

I recently finished my 1969 Charger and added a few that make me absolutely love driving it....

#1 By far the most important is a 6 speed (2 overdrive gears are sweet).

#2 Cup holders.

#3 Modern 6 way adjustable bucket seats with lumbar support.

#4 Digital media player with Bluetooth, I can listen to Pandora or anything from an Ipod, etc, has USB port and a nice system to go with it.

#5 will be A/C, I haven't added it yet but it's #5 because chances are if I'm in the Charger all the windows are down.

AC, Power windows, Overdrive, Navigation, Dash Cam, Valentine 1 Radar. Every one of these is used on the road.

Last edited:
My 66 Belvedere still has the radio delete plate but it had AC and will again. It will also get an oar that's hopefully attached to a 6 speed trans. I've noticed that the more junk a car has, the more distracted the driver is. Gone are the days when you could reach over and adjust the AC/heater etc without having to look at what you're doing. Got to admit though that EFI is pretty good if you don't like tinkering with a carb....

in the '64. Holley HPEFI, iPod (or any other device) through the stock AM radio conversion.... that's it... that's all there is...

1968 Sport Satellite

only add on for me would be a cute lady in the passenger seat.......

1968 Sport Satellite

only add on for me would be a cute lady in the passenger seat.......

Yeah, I already have that part covered.... and she puts up with me, lol. My current RR doesn't have power anything or even a radio of any kind. It does have manual disc brakes, coil over conversion and steering rack, as well as a GV overdrive. I think the new one I'm building is going to get a power rack, manual discs, the GV OD, as well as power door locks, Power windows, aftermarket A/C, and a center console of some sort with at least 2 cup holders, and possibly an ipad mini assuming I can use it for tuning the EFI. The dash will also get two USB charger ports and a couple of cell phone holders for hands free talking and using the navigation apps.

Edelbrock EFI, rack and pinion, 4 power disk brakes, updated gauge cluster, tilt steering. Upcoming custom center console, 7 speaker custom audio, fully vinyl wrapped interior. On my wish list is 5 speed (or 6 speed) trans, power rack and pinion and a/c.

Guys like Darius went overboard with his car! I went with a far simpler approach.
I recently added Neon SRT 4 seats for better gluteal retention during spirited driving. Dakota Digital guages. Auto Dimming rear view mirror with compass and temp readouts. A/F guage for easier tuning. 18" wheels with 200 TW tires for better grip. Big sway bars, bis torsion bars, HD springs....The AM/FM/CD/IPOD stereo. Nothing too wacky, just a few goodies to improve the overall package.

Added disc brakes and a front anti-swaybar in '03. That's about as "modern" as I'm gonna get.

Tilt steering would be nice, but I'm just going to add a quick release to the steering column.

image.jpg

just these so far...the one is very expensive!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1395539540565.jpg
    ResizedImage_1395539540565.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 207
  • ResizedImage_1395539522018.jpg
    ResizedImage_1395539522018.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_20140621_163817_220.jpg
    IMG_20140621_163817_220.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 231
  • CMUT7VcUEAAogfJ-1.jpg-small.jpg
    CMUT7VcUEAAogfJ-1.jpg-small.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 220
Mancini has rear disk brakes for sale for $139 right now!! just sayin'

My 69 RR came home and turned into a 2015 ACR viper lol

We are talking fantasy right? I mean no 70 came with EFI from the factory that's ridiculous, your just listing what you have now right?

My 67 coronet will have tilt/telescoping PS, PB,frt disc, PW,PL,Bose Symphony Stereo surround sound, CD player, XM radio,USB, Digital climate control,AC/Heat, complete 2002 Audi A6 dash w/ gauges, 170 MPH speedo, 8000 rpm tach. Console mounted E-brake, ten way leather power buckets w/ lumbar & heat, wood accent trim, an overhead panel w/ map lights, and a auto dark rear view mirror. I have all of this stuff in hand but not installed yet, in body work phase now.

Mancini has rear disk brakes for sale for $139 right now!! just sayin'

My 69 RR came home and turned into a 2015 ACR viper lol

We are talking fantasy right? I mean no 70 came with EFI from the factory that's ridiculous, your just listing what you have now right?

If they have them that cheap I want a link because I just checked and couldn't find any for less than $300. For that price I'll upgrade right now!

Auto Transport Service
Back