• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Hemi Swap - TTI headers install - tough to reinstall after starter

inri

Local time
12:15 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have installed a Gen 3 6.4 in my '69RR with stock K member and a flaming river manual box. I installed the 2" TTI header on the driver side and then realized the tubes would not allow the starter to slide through or around them so I had to uninstall them and install the starter first. Apparently TTI likes to wrap the headers around the starter...
Starter is installed but now the headers can't get up and around it. Not quite sure what is the issue but it hits the torsion bar, steering linkage and started when I twist and push the header up. Before I start removing steering components I wanted to see if anyone may have a suggestion regarding my dilemma?
What I am thinking is remove the driver side tie rod and center link and move them out of the way. This in theory should provide enough clearance to move the header up and down as necessary and twist it to get it where it belongs.

Loosen the engine mount and jack up the engine a bit for install clearance.

Auto Transport Service
Back