• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mono leafs

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score
Is anyone using these? If so, what else are you using with them?

Hey 5.7 Hemi, I run the Caltrac Mono leaf supension on my 69 b-body. It works great. My application is a high HP very limited use street car. The ride is great, not as stiFF as the old SS-springs or Hemi stuff. The car works great and will really hook up when you need it to. I have use both the CAL-TRAC BARS and Comp engineering split bars with the urethane bushing. I know the comp. eng. bars work better on the street but Calverts bars hit a little harder on the strip. Overall the system works great for my application.

Thanks for replying. I've been kicking the idea around now for some time, but haven't pulled the trigger on it , yet. I wanted some feed back before I decide.

Whats are these? Why use a mono leaf over a standard stack? Are they pretty much for drag racing only or do they handle turns too? Someone school this rooky up.

Hey Mac, the split mono leaf is designed to be used with a Cal trac or Comp Eng. rear supension setup. With the Cal trac, the instant center of the car is changed. The Cal Trac Bar works like the bottom bar on a 4 link. You can use them on the street with out any ill effects, my experience. If you go on Calverts web site they have a lot of tech info on their set-ups.

Aaahhh, now I get it. Thats pretty cool. I wonder how well they'd work on a road course. Our track was closed so thats what I'm setting the car up for.

I would expect not good. That not the application they are designed for.

Auto Transport Service
Back