• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monster Mopar aftermath

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:31 AM
Reaction score
Had a great time. The results not so great. First prayers for Neil and Ross both still in the hospital. From what I heard 3rd hand. Neil had to have 2 vertebrae fused, with damage to some others. Apparently a modified brake pedal broke. Ross has 2 broken knee caps and broken nose. Apparently the edge of the wheel well trim rubbed the tire and cut it. Me? -.007 red 1st rd Friday. .111 light 3rd rd Saturday night, dont even ask , aarrrgghh. Save the best for last. 3rd rd Sunday. Staged ready to go on the converter. Hit the throttle, car moves about 3" and goes to idle. Factory gas pedal. It broke the weld that fastens the arm to the pivot at the throttle pedal assembly. Then when I get home at 10:00 they have my road closed. Tree fell on power lines, all laying down across the street. I eventually convince them that my house is on the other side of the street 1 house from where the road is closed. So at least I can get the rig in my yard.
Doug

20190729_154856.jpg

Good to meet you ...Doug

Kirk

Monster Mopar ... Should be changed to Mopar Marathon!
Friday and Saturday are LONG days. I made 16 passes for the 3 days only entered in NSS. Friday I made it to the final in the NSS/Hemi gamblers race (6 rounds) only to have the coil decide it had enough while I was staging the car. No prior warning, the car was running great, I lit the pre stage bulb and was bumping in to stage and the car just shut off,would not restart no fire, I was timed out. So runner-up in gamblers around midnight. Saturday made it to the final round again (6 rds.) again. I actually feel good at this crazy hour, 4am!! I have the tree and chase him down, decide to whomp the gas a couple of times instead of hitting the brakes, wrong decision. breakout by .008 again runner-up. Get to the hotel at 4:50am and back to the track at 9am. Yeah too old for quick turn around lose 1st rd at 2pm with a bad light and breakout. Had a great time, good seeing all mopar racers. My time last 3 time slips from Saturday's race, check the time stamps.

View attachment 809547

time.jpg

If it happened easily without the struggle, it wouldn’t be so satisfying.

Monster Mopar ... Should be changed to Mopar Marathon!
Friday and Saturday are LONG days. I made 16 passes for the 3 days only entered in NSS. Friday I made it to the final in the NSS/Hemi gamblers race (6 rounds) only to have the coil decide it had enough while I was staging the car. No prior warning, the car was running great, I lit the pre stage bulb and was bumping in to stage and the car just shut off,would not restart no fire, I was timed out. So runner-up in gamblers around midnight. Saturday made it to the final round again (6 rds.) again. I actually feel good at this crazy hour, 4am!! I have the tree and chase him down, decide to whomp the gas a couple of times instead of hitting the brakes, wrong decision. breakout by .008 again runner-up. Get to the hotel at 4:50am and back to the track at 9am. Yeah too old for quick turn around lose 1st rd at 2pm with a bad light and breakout. Had a great time, good seeing all mopar racers. My time last 3 time slips from Saturday's race, check the time stamps.

View attachment 809547

View attachment 809549
was the other guy Dirk Hale?

Yes, Dirk Hale was the winner Saturday night and Bill Shoemaker won Friday night gambler. Barry McCabe was Sunday's winner over Tim Helmick

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back