• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Action Magazine

multimopes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
I got a message on my home answering machine from someone claiming to be from the people who publish Mopar Action Magazine. It said to call a number to request a refund on my subscription. I assumed it was a scam and didn't call back. Has anyone heard about a problem with the magazine??? I sure hope not. There are too many people out of work these days with all this Covid crap!

I have a subscription too.Didn't get any notice.
A few weeks ago I wanted to extend my subscription thinking they would add to what I had. Got stopped while trying and the statement that came up was I still had a year to go and could not renew. Strange I thought.

I actually renewed a month or so ago and the card said I could give another subscription for free which I did. It had actually expired by a week so I called them and they said they would still honor it.

I wouldn't think they would be going under, they seem like they are doing well. I would also think they would send a message to your house in the mail or put it on their Facebook page if they were going outta business

This was over a week ago and the guy left his name (which sounded somewhat foreign) and he had an accent! The number was an 800 number I think.

This was over a week ago and the guy left his name (which sounded somewhat foreign) and he had an accent! The number was an 800 number I think.

That's normally a red flag when you hear Abdul on the other end. I'd try to call them directly from the number on the magazine and report what you experienced. Then ask for a free subscription for doing your civic duty :D

That's a very good suggestion Kid. I am going to do just that. It might just help catch a predator that is in need of prosecution! I will report back what they say. Thanks!!
:BangHead:

I would have hung up immediately knowing it was a crank call. They never refunded my recently renewed 2 year subscription the last time they went bust, why would they do it now?

That's a very good suggestion Kid. I am going to do just that. It might just help catch a predator that is in need of prosecution! I will report back what they say. Thanks!!
:BangHead:
Like @khryslerkid said...call the number that is published within the magazine ... not the one left by Abdul the Camel Jockey.

Sounds like a typical scammer tactic to me.

Great magazine, my car in the April 2009 edition. 65 Sleeper

april2009.jpg

I would have hung up immediately knowing it was a crank call. They never refunded my recently renewed 2 year subscription the last time they went bust, why would they do it now?
If you have the last issue with label with expiration date, take picture and nicely bitch. Email them the picture of label assuming that there's more time on label. I thought I had 3 issues but had 9 coming to me. Got them all, without asking.

Update: Tried to call Mopar Action to inquire and it turns out that today being (Good Friday) for real people, they are closed. I played back the message on my answering machine several times and it sounds like the caller said AMG (Athlon Media Group - Mopar Actions publisher) with the heavy accent. I also noted that the call was not from an 800 number at all. (I was at work when I posted my initial question) so memory failure on my part is now evident. I have had no interruption of the magazine so I'm still happy. I think it was last year that Mopar Muscle magazine went under. I used to get that also, (no refund there). I will attempt to call Mopar Action on Monday to clarify but I now doubt that the caller was trying to use their name. I am sure, however, it was some kind of scam. Speaking of Mopar Action Magazine, I also just thought of something else; wayyyy back in the 70's, I bought/swapped a 65 Plymouth Belvedere with a 383 / 4spd from a Mr. Ehrenberg that was built for his son. It is, however, extremely doubtful that it's the same guy who once resided in Denville NJ! That would be ancient history regardless! :D

Call them back and **** with them, what else you got to lose?

Auto Transport Service
Back