• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar automatic overdrive for RB engines?

toolmanmike

Henchman #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
I had a friend ask the question and I had no answer. Did Mopar produce any o/d automatics that will bolt to a RB? All the ones except the diesel Torqueflites were small block case trannys. I read a few threads about Gear Vendors or SMR units. Thanks

Yeah, for a big block your would have 2 .Both would use adapters.Silver State transmissions (G.M.) and the J.W bell like Dipstick said above. We did the J.W. with a 518 behind a 500'' stroker and allot of floor and crossmember work in a 72 B Body back in 2004. Gear Vendors may be the easiest to install.When all is said and done the cost is in excess of $4000 to do the job what ever is chosen.

Also to add, the stock 12'' converter will not fit the J.W. bell housing. I can't remember if the 11'' fits either. I'm pretty sure we had to get a 10 1/2.

Learn something new every day ! Thanks ^^^!

Auto Transport Service
Back