• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Bible

old guys rule

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
I've been thinking with some of the questions I see on the site I wonder how many members have the Mopar Performance Engine manual and the Mopar performance chassis manual. Loaded with info. Every Mopar guy should have won.

Who the hell reads books anymore

That’s what the internet is for

LOL

Too easy to just ask the question and have a half dozen of us scramble around for a hour looking for an answer. Then if it isn't what they wanted to hear, they argue the fact and do it wrong anyway. I was a beginner once myself but I am surprised at the amount of "over my head" projects going on. Guys thinking they can overhaul their own engine when they don't know to remove the lifters before pulling out the cam. I am afraid, I am very afraid. Read the manual or a book first. Rant over.

And I got guys telling me it’s the biggest bag of **** eating grim of lies ever composed.

I have no doubt that there are people out there who believe that the book is wrong or something it wrong with it but then they don't have to read or refer to it. Over the years, I have found it to be a very good reference source on many levels. I am not say it is truly the "bible" as everyone has different circumstances and situations, but I think it probably as good an open source as is available. I have shelves of books covering all sorts of car related subjects not to mention the piles of magazines (which I am getting rid of), but the Mopar Direct Connection race bulletins have stood the test of time in offering generally easy to understand information on many aspects of the brand.

Here are the 2 problems (?) with the book. And there reasonable problems.

1: All books become outdated. It is just a matter of time.

2: While not exactly a problem, it is written by “Pro MoPar” minded people. Now you say what’s wrong with that?!?!

Well “That” would be a slightly rose colored set of glasses writing in behalf of the company promoting there large and not other parts unless they do not have those other parts.

People are the next issue where they complain about what they read in the suggested parts and say, well, kind of dumb things like, why don’t they recommend the RPM? It’s better than there dual plane and out torques the single plane.

Answer:
1: It wasn’t available when it was first printed.
2: Most know about the intake.
3: Why would you promote and by reason send potential money from your pocket to another company?

True, MoPar did sell Edelbrock equipment. But when they also had nothing of there own to hawk.

I’ve noticed if you follow there “Speed Tips” with there parts, you will run the time if not better than what it says you’ll run in. Of course altitude and the days conditions can have a huge effect from the drag strip at Mile High in Colorado down to Englishtown in New Jersey (R.I.P.) and down south in Orlando speedway Florida. But it will do it.

Auto Transport Service
Back