• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar club of Germany and France

Robert Schaad

Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
I lived in Germany for about 20 years. There is a MOPAR club of Germany and France. A lot of great cars there. I was a member of the German Mopar Club. Here is some information that most Americans DO NOT KNOW. I purchased a 1969 Plymouth Barracuda built in Zurach Switzerland. Yes Built there. During the sixties and sometime into the seventies, Mopars were assembled in Switzerland. The parts/bodies/engines were shipped there and assembled. They had Bosch ignition systems, with Kilimeter Dashes. My 69 cuda had 300 on the speedometer. Looking closely you could se the KH stamped on it. Not MPH but KH. So cool.

I added this to my story. Google Chryslers made in Switzerland and you will see my story is correct.

Last edited:
Are you sure about built there(?) or imported? Good story either way.

Assembled in Europe maybe? Must have been a secret project......

The reason I even mentioned it, is that I purchased a 1969 340 fast back barracuda in Switzerland. It had 300 on the Speedometer, bosch ignition system, NO side marker lights. The story is true.

Doubtful though. We would have heard about that long ago.
What makes you think we would have heard about it? The internet was not around. Computers were just starting. Collector cars were not even mentioned in those days. Car companies did not even publish statistics.

By the way, look up Chrysler assembled in Switzerland and you can read the fact that I am correct with my story.

They did also had an assemblyfactory in Amsterdam, VIN is not as yours american made cars.

. I have been in Switzerland and you will not believe the American cars there.

thanks for sharing your first hand story
have you seen a black 72 RR GTX air grabber car
over there?
It was a rotter in N.J. that ran and drove
that I almost bought and the guy who did buy it
brought the car over to Switzerland

Auto Transport Service
Back