• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Day - St. Thomas Dragway - Oct. 24, 2021

Imperial One

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
This one was postponed twice because of weather. Up here in Canada it is getting pretty late - last kick at the can so to speak. It was a smaller show today, no doubt because of the lateness in the year. At my house we had the first frost this fall so it's getting cold.

I didn't take a lot of photos but here are a few. Obviously not all B bodies, but I took photos of what caught my fancy.

37 Plymouth.jpg
37-1 Plymouth.jpg

This was a really terrific '37 Plymouth with a 392 Hemi. Beautiful car.

Demon - purple.jpg

A couple Demons

Demon.jpg

Pretty nice Duster

Duster.jpg

2 Sport Fury GTs. You don't see this very often. The one is Dave Wheeler's well known 440-6bbl car (original 6 bbl car).

sport fury 1.jpg

sport fury 2.jpg

sport fury 3.jpg

Some more.

62 Dart Max Wedge.jpg

62-1 Dart Max WEdge.jpg

69 Charger.jpg

68 Sport Satellite.jpg

Len Weiler, John Cherrey, Stan Giles, Dave Southen - Oct.jpg

Left to right are Len Weiler, John Cherry, Stan Giles and me (Dave Southen)

I've known all these guys for 40 years. When I met Len he owned a '66 Coronet 4 door factory hemi car. Here is that car in 1980 (the photos were take at the NHOA meet in Sauble Beach, ON Canada - you can see a corner of my Superbird at right of the front shot, and I am in the white t shirt to the right of the Superbird) . Sorry about the photo quality. I bought a Hemi Satellite from John in 1981 (in the last photo that Satellite is second from the right, with the mailbox hood scoop). And Stan and I, along with a couple others raced cars and bought and sold parts back in the day. I had not seen Len since some time in the 1980s.

66 Coronet 4 Door - Three Quarter Shot - Sauble Beach 1980.jpg
66 Coronet 4 Door - Front Shot - Sauble Beach 1980.jpg

66 Coronet 4 Door - Engine Shot -Sauble Beach 1980.jpg

Hemi Cars - Front Shot - Sauble Beach 1980.jpg

Sorry I missed it. Did you get any more pictures of the Charger with the fancy paint job? Is that the Hemi car?

Sorry I missed it. Did you get any more pictures of the Charger with the fancy paint job? Is that the Hemi car?

I wasn't exhaustively photographing the cars there, so no I have no other photos. I don't know what engine was in the Charger.

That is my friend, Richard's, car. Yes it is a real Hemi car. I posted some pictures last week on a 1966-1967 b-body thread. Both Richard and I only live a few miles from the Sparta Drag strip and attend most shows there.

A couple of buddies and I were there.
It was a great show.
I took a picture of the Hemi in one of the Nostalgia Hemi cars that ran.
Nostalga Hemi.jpg

I had no idea that there was a drag strip on St. Thomas or that there were that many Mopars on the island. Cool beans.

I had no idea that there was a drag strip on St. Thomas or that there were that many Mopars on the island. Cool beans.
I think your a little confused,St Thomas is just south west of London Ontario and draws large crowds for these event when weather cooperates,

Snow doesn't cause anywhere near the same damage !!

Here are more pictures of Western Ontario Mopar Owners show from St. Thomas Raceway.

PA240101.JPG PA240109.JPG PA240104.JPG PA240103.JPG PA240105.JPG PA240119.JPG PA240106.JPG

One of the racers had this setup. It's likely worth more than my house.

PA240121.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back