• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar driving Simulator...very cool!!!

Yup someone robed the steering wheel and then is trying to make bank on the simulator. Most, if not all had the woodgrain sport wheel on them.

Last edited:
Cool.

Being in the aviation world...LINK was also the name of the aircraft simulators that were used for military training way back. Surmising it is the same outfit.

Wow, this brings back memories. I took drivers ed in highschool they had 2 rows of these in a semi trailer. And a movie screen at the front. The films they showed were from the 60's. The fun part was, the class was right after we smoked,,, i mean, ate. lunch.

Gilmore Museum has a room full of them, set up as a class. Thought I had a picture, but no. I know the wife does... will update later.

That looks suspiciously like a truck dash and an A100 seat.

From what I can tell all the units in the old black and white photo had the automatic gear selector lever as well as a standard.

From what I can tell all the units in the old black and white photo had the automatic gear selector lever as well as a standard.
Do kids even learn how to drive a stick now days ? Hec, they dont teach 'em how to write their name in cursive. I figured a stick would be long gone.

A100 seat has embossed vinyl.
This is stitched.

Thinking 68 hemi Dart.

I had used one in the mid seventies, I'm guessing 1972, '73. Brand new school with a driver's ed class room. Must have been a dozen simulators. Never thought about what make they were. There were a certain amout of class room hours, then you were assigned to a PE teacher that took you out on the road in an actual car. Only on Saturdays.

Man, times have changed.

Do kids even learn how to drive a stick now days ? Hec, they dont teach 'em how to write their name in cursive. I figured a stick would be long gone.

Kids???
I went to get my car inspected at MV
and the worker there couldn't drive a stick.... LMAO

I had used one in the mid seventies, I'm guessing 1972, '73. Brand new school with a driver's ed class room. Must have been a dozen simulators. Never thought about what make they were. There were a certain amout of class room hours, then you were assigned to a PE teacher that took you out on the road in an actual car. Only on Saturdays.

Man, times have changed.
Ours was week days after school. My first day, the instructor asked if i knew how to drive. I said yes. He told me to get on i 75 first thing.

Our actual driver's ed car was a fairmont with a brake pedal on the passenger's side.

Simulators had both manual and auto, but we were told to use auto only.
(which was somewhat odd considering they were 1978 malibu)

Driver's ed was an elective in 10th grade (if you were 16).

Taught by guidance counselor.

We went out to the rural 2 lane roads and had lots of chinese fire drill driver exchanges.

Yup someone robed the steering wheel and then is trying to make bank on the simulator. Most, if not all had the woodgrain sport wheel on them.

Many Years back there was a guy selling parts from these at Mopar show at Englishtown. He cleaned out a Driver Ed building and he got a bunch of those machines.. He had perfect seats and all had wood grain steering wheels and I think he was even selling the gauges.... I wish I would have bought one of the wheels for my 68 ragtop...

Set up for manual trans ! :thumbsup:
Well YEAH, because that's really driving!
Screenshot_20190206-082113_Chrome.jpg

There was a mopar parts dealer local to me that bought about 50 of those back in the 80’s. Got them fr nearly nothing. I bought a near Moscow wood grain wheel from him for $35. I miss when these were just old used cars

Auto Transport Service
Back