• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOPAR engine help bergen County NJ

terminationephx

Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1970 coronet that I have all parts to but the engine needs tuning and an experts analysis. Most places close to me don't deal with older cars.. does anyone now a mechanic in the bergen County NJ area who may be interested in side work to tune engine and adjust carb to smooth engine out? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

What engine are we working on, and what type of carb?
Can you drive it up, or tow it to my shop in Orange County NY?

Give us some pic's of the motor Bay. Yes dose it run now. Seems like you have some one that can help answer your request.

Last edited:
Hi all, thanks for the responses and PM's. The engine is a 440 from a 69' and has a Holley 650 on it. It can be started by dies out quickly due to either carb, timing, fuel system or all of the above. The car cannot be driven and I was hoping someone could stop by to help (and of course I will pay for any work, parts, etc..) the car is located on Paramus nj. The car can be pushed out of garage .. thanks again

The only thing I have grown to dislike about doing mobile work, is the ONE thing I need to do the job, is the one thing I forgot to pack in my car!!!LOL
Paramus is about an hour from me, depending on where in Paramus could be a bit more.
If you cant find anyone closer to you, I may be able to give you a hand.

Hi all, thanks for the responses and PM's. The engine is a 440 from a 69' and has a Holley 650 on it. It can be started by dies out quickly due to either carb, timing, fuel system or all of the above. The car cannot be driven and I was hoping someone could stop by to help (and of course I will pay for any work, parts, etc..) the car is located on Paramus nj. The car can be pushed out of garage .. thanks again
Do you have insurance on the car? If you have Hagerty, they have a towing plan that you can add on. Have the car flat-bed towed to Brad in Orange County. I've used that service multiple times, well worth the money.

Squirt bottle of gas.. see if you can keep it running and at least take some variables out of the equation!

Auto Transport Service
Back