• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOPAR Fan from OKC

iraqivet01

Local time
11:23 AM
Reaction score
Recently purchased an unrestored 68 Coronet 500. with a 440 and 727 automatic. Got lucky and found one on ebay that was being sold just down the road from my house.
Will post some pictures as soon I figure out how to get them off my phone. So far I have gotten the bumper rechromed, ordered new seat foam and covers, and started stripping the interior and glass to get it ready to be sent over to my friends shop for a much needed painted job.

My other Mopar is a 2004 Ram SRT 10.

Glad I found this site, it a hands down better than the Viper truck site. Way too much BS and very little in tech going on there.

Welcome!, sounds like a great find. Had you known of the car befor the Ebay listing?. Look forward to pics.

Welcome!, sounds like a great find. Had you known of the car befor the Ebay listing?. Look forward to pics.

No, Just one day I was messing around on the interneet, and saw it there. I called the guy, and he gave me a history of the car, (Aunt bought it new in 68, parked for 15 years, he got it a few years ago, and lost his job and had to sell) Besides a horrible paint job he did himself, bumper needing rechromed, and some interior work, it in decent shape for a it age. Best part is it not rusted out, and won't require a lot of body work.

Future plans after body work and interior is to update the braking to disc, steering to rack and pinion, suspension to coil overs, an overdrive transmission, and electronic fuel injection system. It'll be enough to keep me poor for the next year or so.

Welcome aboard and congrats on the recent purchase. If I may make a suggestion...consider doing all (or at least some) of the mechanical upgrades you wish to do now, rather than after the bodywork and paint. You won't have to pussyfoot around a fresh paintjob swinging wrenches. I don't care how careful you are, sooner or later you're gonna drop a socket on the top of a fender. :sFun_doh2:

Auto Transport Service
Back