• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar HP Exhaust manifold question

62maxx

Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
Greetings,

I have a 1971-383 in my 1962 Polara 500. Will "ANY" year HP manifolds fit without any issues in my car? Time to get rid of the rusty headers and go with some HP exhaust manifolds.
THANKS!

I put HP manifolds on my 64 Fury with no problem. I think the only differences between different year B Body HP manifolds is the direction in which the pipe flanges are oriented. I used TTI to make my exhaust system. I gave them the casting numbers from both of my manifolds, and they made the pipes with the correct orientation. The fit was great. My only issue with the early b is that the shifter cable for the push button transmission was too close to the exhaust after I made the swap. It's a simple matter to just tie the cable back away from it.

DSC00876.JPG
DSC00877.JPG

Greetings,

I have a 1971-383 in my 1962 Polara 500. Will "ANY" year HP manifolds fit without any issues in my car? Time to get rid of the rusty headers and go with some HP exhaust manifolds.
THANKS!
Accurate exhaust hooked me up. I have 1968 hp manifolds in my 67 belvedere, they said order the 1968 exhaust system. Everything bolted right up. Btw, i used the hemi mufflers.

20220425_154304.jpg

20220425_154324.jpg

On the 1962-1965 B-bodies, the engine sits farther ahead on the K-frame than on later ones. The manifolds will fit fine, but if you order pipes for the same year car as the manifolds, the down pipe will hit the tie rod ends. I found this out on my '64 Polara. You can either dimple these pipes to clear (as I did), or get custom pipes built that sweep back more ( the later pipes drop down pretty well straight ).

On the 1962-1965 B-bodies, the engine sits farther ahead on the K-frame than on later ones. The manifolds will fit fine, but if you order pipes for the same year car as the manifolds, the down pipe will hit the tie rod ends. I found this out on my '64 Polara. You can either dimple these pipes to clear (as I did), or get custom pipes built that sweep back more ( the later pipes drop down pretty well straight ).
I ordered mine from TTI to fit the early B. Fit great. Just had to give them the casting numbers for the HP manifolds I was using.

GREAT to know! Thank you!

I can tell ya from sperience HP manifolds from a 70 440 Charger R/T are a direct fit into a 65 383 SF with OEM duals.

Hp manifolds require a special fastener kit. All threads are 3/8.
kit
Hey thanks , for the reply I been trying to get the bolt out in the hole. I see it with my scope Its the last one left all manifolds had bolts with RTV when I pulled them out. This last one is in that dark hole I am finding out a little bit more as I go

Auto Transport Service
Back