• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE

moes

Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
just received a letter saying Mopar Muscle Magazine has been discontinued.

The way I understand is when the magazines send their magazine out to distributors, they don’t get their money until much later. It was recommended to me that if more people subscribe, the better the chance of the magazine surviving. I think Ehernburg and company do a great job.

Stopped at the local convenience store today (Sheetz), and noticed the magazine rack was gone.

There was a time when I'd read the morning paper over coffee b4 going to work and used to look forward to the Hemmings mag and some others. Haven't done that in years but ironically just other day I was getting peeved reading news on the web with all of the pop up ads and videos starting automatically - get startled as the pewter would start talking to me with an ad running out of screen shot. It reminded me of the simpler days of reading the paper.

too bad at a time they were one of the better ones
it was the mag/rag that got me into the Forums

IMO the past 10 or so years it was just a Bolt-on,
parts supplied for free advert. quid pro quo, for their own personal builds
not as much good tech & cars as it use to be

RIP MMM

I can’t do online magazines. The few times I tried (granted, it was a long time ago) the spam, ads, and pop up bullshit turned me off. I realize that things cost money. I paid for magazines. One time, then never heard from them again. I like it that way.
I would pay for online magazines EXCEPT that it should cost much less. There’s no paper or postage, and any ads should appear as content, not as a separate program or pop up. I don’t want emails, fuckin’ tweets, or any Facebook bullshit. No notifications, no tracking me. Just give me good content to read.

Oh, and that cute girl with the ponytail from another thread. She makes everything better.

Last edited:
Sahara, You said it ! :lowdown: MMM really sucks lately, I'm not a body man, I don't have a professional body shop or the equipment. I was done with them when 1/3 of the pages was dedicated to AMD and MCR. Rant over..

The way of the times maybe? Guy I go shooting with is probably 68(?) and he told me he's never read a book in his life(?). I still read "real" books and newspaper everyday. Sad state of affairs. 2 boys and 1 daughter and only she reads books fairly often.

I too am a paper magazine guy. Nothing like sitting somewhere and reading a car magazine. I have noticed MMM getting thinner and thinner as the years wend by but still supported them. Well Mopar Collectors Guide and Mopar Action are the last two. And I will continue to support.

I was a former subscriber, but as it got thinner and thinner...…

Well it's sad to loose everything we like. But business is business and to stay alive you must change. Maybe as time goes on we can have a monthly diy thread oops already got it here on the fbbo. So as fbbo grows and we all learn how to video our builds we should be able to get everything covered without pop ups. I believe that as fbbo grows we will find out that this is the best place to build your projects. For myself I have learned so much from everyone and it's more than the year of the car as I have taken something from every year. I must say I have learn how to do many things that I didn't think I would do myself but I have. The best part of this forum is you can learn how to do it on the ground or on a cradle. Look at all the treads you learn something from all of them. Yes we need more pics as it is being done or when it is done but we all are getting better at that. I think we need more sticky and more garage or even projects builds as it grows. But end of my thoughts and a big thank you to all of you for helping me. Your support and get it done attitude has help me learn and be happy with the results.

Well it's sad to loose everything we like. But business is business and to stay alive you must change. Maybe as time goes on we can have a monthly diy thread oops already got it here on the fbbo. So as fbbo grows and we all learn how to video our builds we should be able to get everything covered without pop ups. I believe that as fbbo grows we will find out that this is the best place to build your projects. For myself I have learned so much from everyone and it's more than the year of the car as I have taken something from every year. I must say I have learn how to do many things that I didn't think I would do myself but I have. The best part of this forum is you can learn how to do it on the ground or on a cradle. Look at all the treads you learn something from all of them. Yes we need more pics as it is being done or when it is done but we all are getting better at that. I think we need more sticky and more garage or even projects builds as it grows. But end of my thoughts and a big thank you to all of you for helping me. Your support and get it done attitude has help me learn and be happy with the results.
Bear, tell us what you really think!! Totally concur.

Well I might have an unpopular opinion but I have not been really happy with any of the Mopar mags and pledged not to renew any of them. Mopar Action has about the stupidest writing of all. Way past all of MCG's "1 of 1" articles and political rants. MM is great if you are a dedicated drag racer. Eberg is very knowledgeable but IMO a dick, yes he is helpful in the mag but that is selective and his job. I have talked to him a few times and as a fellow car guy I am not real impressed. They ran an article a few years ago called something like "low buck 8.8 rearend build". I contacted him after reading the article and commented that you could buy a strange S60 for less than it would cost to build the rear end he was talking about and that the title was very misleading. He responded with something along the lines of "well the title is just to sell mags, but it is what it is".

I too am a paper magazine guy. Nothing like sitting somewhere and reading a car magazine. I have noticed MMM getting thinner and thinner as the years wend by but still supported them. Well Mopar Collectors Guide and Mopar Action are the last two. And I will continue to support.

I also love getting the mag so I can read it anywhere like waiting in the doctor's office. I always take my own car mag in because they never have any good mags that I like. That said I do get Mopar Muscle along with Hemmings Muscle Machines and Muscle Car Review. Myself I like the Hemmings and Muscle Car review mags a lot because they mostly do older muscle cars which I love. Course I like Mopar Muscle and was lucky to get my car in it over a year ago but I have been having less and less interest in it lately. That's because I want to see 60's and 70's muscle cars the most and don't mind new muscle but I wish they would do new muscle in a separate mag for just modern muscle. And as said Mopar Muscle has gotten thinner. I also am not into the resto mods as I also wish they gave them their own mag. A few issue's back MM had that 66 or 67 blue Coronet on the cover and I know that car took a lot of work but to me they ruined the car as I just am not into old muscle with the big modern wheels and lowered down to the ground. I mean no offense to the owner of the car but I don't like anything about it and MM was putting more of that in the mag lately. Its to bad we are loosing it as I hope we don't loose Mopar Action and Mopar Collectors or the other two muscle car mags I get. Ron

I also love getting the mag so I can read it anywhere like waiting in the doctor's office. I always take my own car mag in because they never have any good mags that I like.

I leave my old car mags at the doctors office, barber, dentist, etc. Gets them out of the house and might help promote the hobby a tiny bit.

Magazines are a business. I had a stack of Car Craft and Hot Rod in my room when I was a young teenager, before I could drive. The kids nowadays, happy to read on their phones. So they're not selling as much. Something has to change, so move to online it is. Sahara was spot on though. Stop the darn pop-ups. :thumbsup:

I will miss muscle car review. High quality paper and photography. The times are changing unfortunately.
I still support Mopar Action. I don't buy on line subscriptions.

Auto Transport Service
Back