• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB MOPAR PARTS SUPPLIERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
Where can I buy a good cast iron thermostat housing for my 426. It has one of those cheap azz chrome China ones and it's slightly seeping at the gasket.
Brand new to Mopar so I don't know the places to buy from

Try Mancini Racing. They usually carry good stuff.

Summit has a metal one from Dorman but it looks like its die cast
440 Source has a good billet aluminum for $34, BILLET aluminum will work as well as cast iron but that die cast stuff is junk
Can't find any cast iron ones

The cast iron ones are hard to come by. @Rat Rod Al had some for sale in the FEBO classifieds a while back.

Well, add myself to your list for used.
How many you want?
Got a couple of styles.
Pick your poison.

Thermostat Housings 001 (Small).JPG

Don't do used, they always have pits

Ok then.
Good luck on your search for a vendor that has something for you, new.

Looks like the replacements are die cast junk. I'll most likely buy the billet alum as that's as strong as a cast iron one.

I’ve got one of those cheap cast thermostat housings that seeped coolant. I bead blasted the cheap chrome off it, it gave the housing a texture that the gasket could “grip”, it was just too slick to seal. It hasn’t leaked since.

I bought 2-2 piece billet aluminum stat housings from Terrys Auto Lab. Love them.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back