• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Mopar Performance 360hp Magnum crate engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Migsbig

Local time
12:48 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Mopar Performance 360 Magnum Crate engine.

Was in a customers car and only had 800 miles on it when it was pulled to upgrade to a hemi engine. This is the 390HP magnum engine. Had a cam change which bumped the hp up and still has smooth idle.

$3995 is a great price and cheapest around. Also has holley avenger carb

have a fresh 727 auto that can be included for an extra $500

can drop off locally.

San Jose Ca

100_8843.jpg

Last edited:
price dripped $3700

just got in a blue crate in case someon needs it shipped.

Horsepower: 380 hp @ 5300 rpm
Torque: 410 ft-lbs @ 4400
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Block: Cast Iron
Crankshaft: Cast, 3.580"
Heads, Chamber Size: Cast Iron
Valves: 1.925" / 1.625"
Camshaft Lift: 0.501" / 0.513"
Dur. @ 0.050": 288 / 292
Intake: M1 Aluminum Dual Plane

The Magnum 380 crate motor head is a swirl port design that has smaller combustion chambers and a higher compression ratio (nominal 9.0:1). Different intake and exhaust port sizing flows more air without modifications to the cylinder heads. Breathing is enhanced with 1.925" intake valves and 1.625" exhaust valves. Overall package of smaller valves and better ports flow more air. Next, we slide in our .501" / .513" lift, 288/292 degree duration hydraulic roller camshaft, add a 4BBL carbureted M1® single plane intake manifold (with bosses over each runner for future MPI). We add special valve springs and a double roller timing chain as well as an MPP electronic distributor. The distinctive Mopar cast valve covers with 10 screws are added to the package, with an oil pan (center sump) similar to the Commando engines. It is recommended you add your own 750 cfm Holley carburetor and headers to complete the package. Dyno testing with a 750 cfm carburetor and 17/8" headers show horsepower output to be 380+ at 5300 RPM. Torque output is 410+ lb/ft at 4400 RPM, with over 350 lb/ft available from 2000 to 5700 RPM.

Just looking for clarifcation...your 1st post says it's a 390HP 360, with a bump in the cam upping the HP (to what?)

Your last post says 380HP with a lot more spec details. Visually, (By the photos), that motor looks like it has been in the car for more than 800 miles.

the motor has 800 miles as it was only driven that much in 3 years when pulled for more bling appeal and more horsepower, as in a larger engine. It is currently being stored in another engine bay and has gotten dusty while being stored. I did not know what the cam upgrade was, and the previous owner said the cam they installed was an upgrade and added about 10hp over stock and had smoothed out the idle. I didn't know the cam and kept getting questions about it, so I just marked it as the original crate engine. Here is a pic of the engine that replaced this one. They just finished it in may.

maxviper780hp1971cuda.gif

I thought it was being replaced by a hemi when I talked to the guy, then saw it at the show with the V-10 engine. If you feel there is something not right, your welcome to come down and inspect the engine in person.

I'm not likely to come to a different country to check it out...heh. It's just that the cowl and chassis look so totally different between the two.

Anyway, moot point. Not looking for a small block right now.

Good luck with the sale...

the car it was in was a 1970 challenger vert, but I'm currently storing it as a friends shop and he needed to mock up a small block for a 1974 dart sport he has, so he just put it in there to check it out. I wasn't going to tell him no after storing it there and not charging me, and since it's in the car, don't have to worry about it getting accidently damaged in the shgop. SOrry your not intereste in it, it's a nice engine. Even put my 1968 dart up for sale that the engine was going to go into (figured my dad's 41' plymouth would be a better project to put the funds into). Found another pic of it before my buddy started storing it in the car.

100_7745.jpg

100_3243.jpg

100_3247-1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back