• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Performance Cam

Local time
2:52 PM
Reaction score
I have a Mopar Performance Cam kit 4286677 .455" lift. I was considering installing it in a 9.5-1 comp ratio 440 I'm building for my '66 Charger 4 speed.

I'm not looking to get roasted or schooled about better cam choices. I just wanted to know if anyone has used this cam in a street driven 440/383 and how did it perform? There is very little information on the web about this cam.[h=1][/h]
[FONT=verdana !important]
Be the first to w
[/FONT]

Thanks

i've used it in an automatic trans b-body. it's preforms well for a stock or near stock engine. works well with cast exhaust manifolds. doesn't need or want low rear axle gears.

Isn't that the one that's considered the Hemi grind cam? Probably won't be much difference between using it in the low deck vs the RB but usually the same size cam in a bigger engine will appear to be milder and has different manners when the stroke is different.

Isn't that the one that's considered the Hemi grind cam? Probably won't be much difference between using it in the low deck vs the RB but usually the same size cam in a bigger engine will appear to be milder and has different manners when the stroke is different.
this was the cam that the old direct connection recommended to replace the stock magnum cam. later on direct connection/mopar performance began re-issuing the magnum cam. the 272-.455 is much milder than the old and new street hemi profiles.

Auto Transport Service
Back