• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mopar projects

Geri

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
I had started teh work on the '64 dodge pictured on my page, in early April I had a "light" stroke and can no longer do the work, I sold it at a terrific loss- just to get it in anothers hands who can see it through. the perils of being near 80.
no need to respond ,just posting whats going on in my little world.

I know that you stated "no need to respond", but I'm hoping that you're doing better and that the new owner fulfills your dreams for this car.

A lot of us on this forum are getting up in age. We don't want to let go, but sometimes are forced to by life. God's speed in your recovery.

feel your pain Im now in those stages best of luck to you I hope that I might get back to mine

Geri, we are grateful for you and hope for a great recovery. You might have lost one of your dreams but you have so many great memories to hold on too. Even though your project is gone I hope you stay on here and share your life time of knowledge so others can move forward on their projects.

Sorry to hear that Geri. Thanks for sharing your experience and memories with these cars, you've helped a lot of us sort out hard-to-find details that are only known by the folks who were there in the 'glory days'..

Thank God you're still here, and you still have dreams and proyects, don't ever let your dreams go, remember one step back is for gaining impulse. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Best wishes Geri, I hope you recover. Glad you're still here.

I hope this reaches everyone who responded with kind wishes. I was fortunate in being only 15 minutes from my DR. other than loss of energy,I think I'm OK.
the symptoms I had-should they occur in your world was an immediate loss of vision, I didn't understand what was going on, at best it was like seeing from two different angles (eyes crossed?) and everything moving like a kaleidoscope ,I had to feel my way to a chair, then my left side of my face went numb, ,after about 10 minutes it subsided a bit and got to the DR. he said it may have been caused by a blood clot from my recent leg injury when I tripped and ran a piece of 1"x1" angle deep into my calf.and I don't mean one in a pasture.. the one attached to me...the injury had occurred about 3 weeks prior.

concerning the projects- I'm toast. I could not get on the floor and work, I can'tcrawl over anything, and I have to work alone 100%.
so losing thousands made more sense than fighting the obvious, I don't look it as losing some 12K (when all totaled up) as I do as bringing i n
3 K.if I look at it right it is almost profit. (haven't lost my sense of humor),I;m not ready to call it done but if I can every get another car-must be Mopar, I'll have to buy a near completed driver.my other mistake was during that time I sold the fuel dragster-now with much regret it is gone. I have no clue now why I sold it.

gerileg injury 1.jpg

Is that by the tibia Geri? Don’t ever bump it on anything,ask me how I know. Shins are bad enuf without such as you have. Jeff

Best wishes on a full recovery !!

Is that by the tibia Geri? Don’t ever bump it on anything,ask me how I know. Shins are bad enuf without such as you have. Jeff
it is my calf alongside the tibia. Dr said another 1/4" in ??? direction and I'd have been sent off to the hospital for surgery, not be walking for a long time the metal pushed tendons aside I guess as is I got by with 21 stitches. oddly- there was no pain ever?,,I'm not a DR but I have stayed at a Motel 6~~ I'll take what I got to your tibia injury.

and
we are from the same era I'm 78, any who served in Vietnam are hero's period.thank you .

Auto Transport Service
Back