• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOPAR salvage yard

krowbar

Local time
8:11 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know of decent salvage yards in Texas that have 66/67 b-body parts?

Theres a yard just north of Dallas on 35 but its not just mopars he mostly has old stuff

Chryco69,
I know he asked for a yard in Texas as I can read, but I figured Alabama was a few states over and they are the largest Mopar salvage yard in the south. Mopar City in Detroit is another large Mopar salvage yard, again Detroit is not in Texas.....

I had a 1969 power bulge hood shipped to me in Pittsburgh from New York and it cost $93.00. Two doors with glass from North Carolina cost $200.00 in freight.

Check the yellow pages and start calling around and ask them if they know someone in the area that deals with the parts you are looking for.

There used to be a place called "Texas Acres".

Stephens Performance is in Alabama and they have a large salvage yard.

Have you ever been to Stephens Performance? I have and I was not impressed with their scrap yard or their service. A few years ago I drove over to their place with the bumpers off my '72RR and they shipped them off to be chrome plated. It took over a year to get them back. When I finally got them back the back bumper was very nice. The front bumper had been altered so it was strait across like the rear one was, everybody knows the front bumper on a '71 and '72 RR's have a gentle arch that matches the curve of the front of the car. After trying to install that strait bumper and chipping the new paint all up (that required me to have to repaint the nose) I called S.P. and he told me to place the bumper on two concrete blocks and jump on the center of it and that would put the arch back into it. I said "What are you nuts" I just paid an over priced amount for something I had to repair myself. Well I carried that bumper back to them and a few months later I got it back and it was right this time. I will say they never returned any of my calls and even when I would call them for other parts they say they will check and see if they have them but never bother returning any of my calls. I was first introduced to them by seeing them on Hot Rod TV and I think that has gone to their heads. They just buy and sell other peoples parts at an inflated price and I would not recommend them to any of my friends or customers for any reason. Their prices are inflated and so is their ability to supply you with the items you need. I will never call them again for any reason. I am sure after being to their junk yard that I have as many parts as they do and I do know all the suppliers they have and I would rather just deal with their suppliers myself. If you look at my picture gallery those bumpers are on the green '72RR with the 340 motor.

I just had my R/T restored and the body guy disliked Ted Stephens because of a fender he got years ago that was dented in shipment. I never meet him or saw his yard, but I have bought many parts from them without any problems and his wife is very nice on the phone. I have dealt with other yards and suppliers and Tony's Parts is one that I will never call again. He was very abrasive and combatant and will make you feel 2" tall if you do not speak his language. Ted Stephens and Tony D'Agastino both are in all the Mopar magazines I read with the OE Gold 1000 point cars so of course their prices are inflated. Mike at B/E and A parts is also a very easy and nice guy to buy parts. Sorry OP, went off on a tangent.

I'm looking for Texas,not Alabama,not Detroit. Unless I can get a helluva deal on shipping.

I'm looking for Texas,not Alabama,not Detroit. Unless I can get a helluva deal on shipping.

I know of a great wrecking yard in Guam.

Kidding! Man, some people try to be helpful but do not see your point. Many of us know of Wildcat in Oregon as well as Desert valley in Arizona. You'd think Texas would have more for you, huh? Sorry i couldn't help much. Good luck, Greg

Auto Transport Service
Back