• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Shootout @ Sacramento Raceway, CA on September 8, 2018

GTXperience

Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
Mopar Shootout @ Sacramento Raceway, CA on September 8, 2018

image.png

Capitol City Mopars Vice President Randy Pike is organizing the show. This is the first time in many years that our car club is directly involved in the show at the raceway. Lets make this a good turnout!

Do we need to register or pay if we want to participate in the drag racing? If so, do you have a link for that? I'll plan on following you up there Dennis:)

Not sure, count on a recovery tank for tech.

I'm assuming this is taking the place of the previous "Mopar Magic" event?
Yes. Previously, the owners of the site have run the show. This year, members of the Capital City Mopars are involved. It looks to be a better promoted event with a better turnout.

May have to make the trip north to watch as my Coronet isn't registered and most likely not going to be any time soon. You guys would shoot me if I drove my yellow car....lol!

Do we need to register or pay if we want to participate in the drag racing? If so, do you have a link for that? I'll plan on following you up there Dennis:)

In the past it was $20 admission, $10 more for car show entry, and I think it was $35 more to race. They may have waived the $20 admission if you raced. Today there is nothing at the website about pricing. http://sacramentoraceway.com/mopar-shootout/

I took Friday Sept 7th off work and hope to leave san jose by noon Friday so I can get a couple of friday runs in for test and tune. Will be there Saturday as well and returning to San Jose saturday night. Having only run 1/4 mile a few times before for non-timed heads up runs at Willow Springs, I'm looking forward to getting my 1st time slip. Can anyone confirm if they'll be timing the drag races?

All 1/4 mile runs are against the clock. Most are against another driver as well.

Real tree and time slips right? 1320?

Heck yeah!
I may bring the car....I may bring parts to sell....Not sure yet.

Track has confirmed that there will be food available.

Auto Transport Service
Back