• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Showdown Gulfport Dragway

Moparallen

Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
IMG_1192.JPG
March 18
Footbrake and Electronics
Bracket Racing
The track is taking a chance I think. It would be nice to see this as an annual event but we need to support it.
They have a Facebook page and a website fir more info.
I'm just passing it along.

Too bad they are only running 1/2 a race (1/8th mile). Unfortunately, this is the same day as the Big Easy Mopar Assn annual Mopars at the Lake car show, and that is the club that I'm in.
MOPAR-SHOWDOWN-MARCH-2017-web-Copy-1.jpg

Last edited:
Too bad they are only running 1/2 a race (1/8th mile). Unfortunately, this is the same day as the Big Easy Mopar Assn annual Mopars at the Lake car show, and that is the club that I'm in.
View attachment 401194
A lot of small local tracks are only running 1/8 mile because of insurance. If you want a crowd you have to make it where all can attend. I wouldn't make the 7 hour drive to run 1/4 mile because my car is a 1/8 car. I know several 1/4 cars coming. It's for a small payout so make it all in fun. I'm glad the track is willing to take the chance on us real racers. Heck, I just want to see a local show that is more than 20 cars with guys walking around bragging about their 1 of none cause it's a color no one would have been caught dead in..whop de do....lets race, play and have fun.

1 of none because (it's fugly) lol. I was joking about the 1/2 race. I got "used to" 1/4 mile racing because of my limited experience since the late 70s at drag strips was always 1/4 mile racing.
I beat on my Roadrunner. I also like to show it. Best of both worlds. Unfortunately I can't be both places, or I would go back to Gulfport. I may even have run for "fun" but my 60 ft times need improvement. This is the one show a year that my club hosts, so I "have to" be there.
Thanks for the post.

1 of none because (it's fugly) lol. I was joking about the 1/2 race. I got "used to" 1/4 mile racing because of my limited experience since the late 70s at drag strips was always 1/4 mile racing.
I beat on my Roadrunner. I also like to show it. Best of both worlds. Unfortunately I can't be both places, or I would go back to Gulfport. I may even have run for "fun" but my 60 ft times need improvement. This is the one show a year that my club hosts, so I "have to" be there.
Thanks for the post.
I understand, have fun.

I understand, have fun.
As it turns out, I see that gates open at 4, racing starts at 7pm...I can be both places as the show should be over by 3 or 4. So I will go to watch. Thanks for the info. PM me so I can find you or vice/versa at the track if you like.

IMG_1903.JPG
As it turns out, I see that gates open at 4, racing starts at 7pm...I can be both places as the show should be over by 3 or 4. So I will go to watch. Thanks for the info. PM me so I can find you or vice/versa at the track if you like.
That should help ya find me...

See you there right after the Big Easy Mopar Assn annual Mopars at the Lake show in Kenner.

I met Allen and his "little" bros (he has to call them younger now) I'm 6'3" 270 and they made me look small. Had a great time. There were other guys there that I know.
Glad I'm not the only one with traction problems at Gulfport Dragway.

This small block Mopar powered PT Cruiser made it to the final four, AND HE DROVE IT TO AND FROM THE TRACK!
2017-03-21 21.26.46.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back