• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Spring Fling in So.Ca. April 21st & 22nd

robertnb64

Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
I will see you at the Fling !
Woodley Park in Van Nuys, California
SPRING FLING XXVI APRIL 21st AND 22nd, 2012
All Mopar Show and Parts swap & exchange
Swap set-up 7:00-10:00 a.m.
Show Car Parking 7:00-10:00 a.m.
Gates close at 10:a.m. sharp
RAIN OR SHINE
Largest Mopar show and swap west of the Mississippi
Web site with flyers, hotels, maps, past show pictures F.A.Q.
WWW.CPWCLUB.COM
CPW Hotline 818-759-1779
Sponsors:
Dependable Dodge, Canoga Park
Just Dashes, Van Nuys
TTI Headers, Corona
Laysons Restorations Parts
Mr Moparts
A-B & E Body restoration parts
Classic Industries
Mfg.Midway Vendors:
Just Dashes, Glendora Dodge, Redline Gauges,
The Mopar Shop, Legendary Auto Interiors
Mopar Collectors Guide, Restorations by Julius
Milodon, B & M Racing​

See you there. Willow Springs the Thursday prior and MATS in Las Vegas before that. Roadtrip. 69 Coronet R/T.

I plan to show up fully color coordinated. Also, I called the number and have not received a call back regarding my question. Reading the application under Entry fees section, am I to understand that if I bring down the old hemi on a trailer I will not be allowed to unload it or disconnect and park it in the swap space for sale at the 20x20 price of $45.00? I am no English scholar but the statement doesn't read correctly to me. See here http://www.cpwclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/SpringFlingflyer2012.pdf I see people unloading cars every year but don't know the details since I never exhibited or sold there before. If I am correct in my assumption, I get to pay $90.00 to sell one vehicle and park one vehicle that is not for sale. The old HEMI runs and drives but is not registered so it legally can't touch a public road, hence my dilemma.

Signed,

Confused in CA

I'm going!!

OK, I got an answer regarding my above post. Unloading a car to put in the swap meet is OK as long as it's done out of the way of all the parking commotion. Now why couldn't they just say that?? So thanks to the folks at the club that put this on and I'll see you there :headbang:

Jr and I will be there and the MATS too. Look for my truck in the swap and stop by and say hey.
:wav:

Attachments

• DCP_0055.jpg
    DCP_0055.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 487
As been said by you west coast guys to us over here in the east, I hope one or some of you will take plenty of pictures.. In return, We are making plans for one hear thats said to be one of the best Mopar only events hear, and if this turns out better then the last we were there, ill get a supply of battery's as our camera loves them and get every picture possible.

Here's how I expect to arrive, unless I borrow my buddies enclosed trailer.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 479
I plan to show up fully color coordinated. Also, I called the number and have not received a call back regarding my question. Reading the application under Entry fees section, am I to understand that if I bring down the old hemi on a trailer I will not be allowed to unload it or disconnect and park it in the swap space for sale at the 20x20 price of $45.00? I am no English scholar but the statement doesn't read correctly to me. See here http://www.cpwclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/SpringFlingflyer2012.pdf I see people unloading cars every year but don't know the details since I never exhibited or sold there before. If I am correct in my assumption, I get to pay $90.00 to sell one vehicle and park one vehicle that is not for sale. The old HEMI runs and drives but is not registered so it legally can't touch a public road, hence my dilemma.

Signed,

Confused in CA

OK, I got an answer regarding my above post. Unloading a car to put in the swap meet is OK as long as it's done out of the way of all the parking commotion. Now why couldn't they just say that?? So thanks to the folks at the club that put this on and I'll see you there

Did you get a return phone call that answered this question? Or received the the info elsewhere?

Do you plan to park you truck and trailer outside the show grounds?

The cars you see unloading in the Show Car Trailer section are for participants in the Car Show Field.

Are you just selling you Charger and no other parts? If the extra $45 is a problem, you can just pay $30 and put your car for sale in the car show field. Many of the running driving completed cars for sale are parked in the show field. We completely allow cars for sale in the show field.

I used to have a FAQ on the old website that explained that. Then we went with a much nicer looking site, but a little harder to modify.

Please email me directly if you have specific questions.

SPRING FLING 26TH SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(subject to change and additions)

THURSDAY April 19, 2012

Spring Fling Speed Festival
•6th annual Mopar track event at Willow Springs Raceway, Rosamond, CA
•8am to 5pm of on track race time on the BIG 2.5 mile track.
•$325/car. Discount of $50 for Registration prior to March 31st.
•Spectators $10/person pit/spectator pass
• Info, pictures, scheduled cars click here or call Tim Herren at (310) 538-8098
•40+ Mopars on the track last year
•Bring you new Mopar or bring your old Mopar
•Drivers mtg 7am (instructors present run groups sorted by experience)
•Drivers instruction meeting, mandatory for novice drivers at Willow. Instructor ride-a-longs to follow.
•FREE cruise laps on track at 12pm for all spectators. Under 60 mph or so
•Some cruise laps cars: 70 Hemi Cuda –fresh resto/bias plys, 68 RR original owner, 70 Coronet wagon…
•Dinner 6:00 pm
•Willow Springs Website: http://www.willowspringsraceway.com
•Watch Spring Fling Speed Festival Video:​

FRIDAY April 20, 2012

Coastal Caravan Cruise
•Seaside, CA starting at 9 am (south of San Francisco near Monterey, CA) Arrive in L.A. around 6pm
•FREE to all participants
•5th Annual Event!!
•travel the coast scenic Hwy 1 with a train of awesome Mopars
•Lunch at Ragged Point Inn and Restaurant
•Watch 2010 Coastal Caravan Video:
•Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/groups/PCHMOPARMUSCLETOUR/

Malibu Driving Cruise:
•Woodley Park to Malibu 9:30am to Lunch
•FREE to all participants (lunch not provided)
•Stop at famous Rock Store biker hangout
•Lunch at Dukes Resturant Malibu on ocean
Spring Fling Kickoff Party at Motion Picture Car Warehouse
•Visit Ted Moser’s facility that provides old, new and specialty vehicle to Hollywood
•Spring Fling attendees only. FREE admission.
•5pm to 8pm
•8400 Reseda Blvd Northridge, CA 91324
•Refreshments only.
http://www.picturecarwarehouse.net/intro.php

SATURDAY

Spring Fling XXVI

•World famous parts exchange 7:00 am
•Only fair chance Mopar swap meet of its size in the country; via first come, first served vendor spaces
•Show & Shine 7:00 am entry time !! (show cars w/o trailers will enter from seperate north gate)
•Manufactures Midway​

Mopar Cruise-In Saturday 5-10

•New Location. Only 7.3 miles from show!
•At Bob’s Big Boy Northridge:
•Located 8876 Corbin Avenue Northridge, CA
•At Corbin Street and Nordoff Way​

SUNDAY

Spring Fling XXVI

•Parts exchange 7am
•Show & Shine plus Judging 7:00 am entry time !! (show cars w/o trailers will enter from separate north gate)
•Manufactures Midway
•Trophy Presentation 2pm
•Watch Sunday Spring Fling Video:​

Ok, this is a lot of stuff. Feel free to email me if you need explanations or recommendations... The Malibu Cruise and Coastal Caravan Cruise are the only events that happen at the same time in different places. The Coastal Caravan is designed for travelers from the Bay Area and points north or travelers who route themselves though that area. The Malibu Cruise is set up for locals, people who arrive in town early Friday, people who attended the Willow Springs event on Thursday, etc.

Swap

7093176-CopyofIMG_0028_SF08Swap.jpg

Thursday Spring Fling Speed Festival at Willow Springs Raceway.
Old Mopars, New Mopars, run whatcha brung!
Four door Slant 6 1964 Darts to Challenger SRT8's.

7093176-SFSF08Pic24.jpg

Coastal Cruise

7093176-24.jpg

Spring Fling 2012 Manufactures Midway
(Midway only. Does not count 250+ swappers. More midway will add)

Show Sponsors and Midway Vendors

Midways:

SPRING FLING 26TH SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(subject to change and additions)

THURSDAY April 19, 2012

Spring Fling Speed Festival
•6th annual Mopar track event at Willow Springs Raceway, Rosamond, CA
•8am to 5pm of on track race time on the BIG 2.5 mile track.
•$325/car. Discount of $50 for Registration prior to March 31st.
•Spectators $10/person pit/spectator pass
• Info, pictures, scheduled cars click here or call Tim Herren at (310) 538-8098
•40+ Mopars on the track last year
•Bring you new Mopar or bring your old Mopar
•Drivers mtg 7am (instructors present run groups sorted by experience)
•Drivers instruction meeting, mandatory for novice drivers at Willow. Instructor ride-a-longs to follow.
•FREE cruise laps on track at 12pm for all spectators. Under 60 mph or so
•Some cruise laps cars: 70 Hemi Cuda –fresh resto/bias plys, 68 RR original owner, 70 Coronet wagon…
•Dinner 6:00 pm
•Willow Springs Website: http://www.willowspringsraceway.com
•Watch Spring Fling Speed Festival Video:​

FRIDAY April 20, 2012

Coastal Caravan Cruise
•Seaside, CA starting at 9 am (south of San Francisco near Monterey, CA) Arrive in L.A. around 6pm
•FREE to all participants
•5th Annual Event!!
•travel the coast scenic Hwy 1 with a train of awesome Mopars
•Lunch at Ragged Point Inn and Restaurant
•Watch 2010 Coastal Caravan Video:
•Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/groups/PCHMOPARMUSCLETOUR/

Malibu Driving Cruise:
•Woodley Park to Malibu 9:30am to Lunch
•FREE to all participants (lunch not provided)
•Stop at famous Rock Store biker hangout
•Lunch at Dukes Resturant Malibu on ocean
Spring Fling Kickoff Party at Motion Picture Car Warehouse
•Visit Ted Moser’s facility that provides old, new and specialty vehicle to Hollywood
•Spring Fling attendees only. FREE admission.
•5pm to 8pm
•8400 Reseda Blvd Northridge, CA 91324
•Refreshments only.
http://www.picturecarwarehouse.net/intro.php

SATURDAY

Spring Fling XXVI

•World famous parts exchange 7:00 am
•Only fair chance Mopar swap meet of its size in the country; via first come, first served vendor spaces
•Show & Shine 7:00 am entry time !! (show cars w/o trailers will enter from seperate north gate)
•Manufactures Midway​

Mopar Cruise-In Saturday 5-10

•New Location. Only 7.3 miles from show!
•At Bob’s Big Boy Northridge:
•Located 8876 Corbin Avenue Northridge, CA
•At Corbin Street and Nordoff Way​

SUNDAY

Spring Fling XXVI

•Parts exchange 7am
•Show & Shine plus Judging 7:00 am entry time !! (show cars w/o trailers will enter from separate north gate)
•Manufactures Midway
•Trophy Presentation 2pm
•Watch Sunday Spring Fling Video:​

Ok, this is a lot of stuff. Feel free to email me if you need explanations or recommendations... The Malibu Cruise and Coastal Caravan Cruise are the only events that happen at the same time in different places. The Coastal Caravan is designed for travelers from the Bay Area and points north or travelers who route themselves though that area. The Malibu Cruise is set up for locals, people who arrive in town early Friday, people who attended the Willow Springs event on Thursday, etc.

Swap

7093176-CopyofIMG_0028_SF08Swap.jpg

Thursday Spring Fling Speed Festival at Willow Springs Raceway.
Old Mopars, New Mopars, run whatcha brung!
Four door Slant 6 1964 Darts to Challenger SRT8's.

7093176-SFSF08Pic24.jpg

Coastal Cruise

7093176-24.jpg

WOW that all looks like a blast! now why can't we get something like that up here in NorCal??

Wish I could go :( I'm going to be sad that weekend, you guys please post tons of pics.

If anyone see's TTI and gets a deal let me know I will call in a credit card lol

Did you get a return phone call that answered this question? Or received the the info elsewhere?

Do you plan to park you truck and trailer outside the show grounds?

The cars you see unloading in the Show Car Trailer section are for participants in the Car Show Field.

Are you just selling you Charger and no other parts? If the extra $45 is a problem, you can just pay $30 and put your car for sale in the car show field. Many of the running driving completed cars for sale are parked in the show field. We completely allow cars for sale in the show field.

I used to have a FAQ on the old website that explained that. Then we went with a much nicer looking site, but a little harder to modify.

Please email me directly if you have specific questions.

Steve,

Yes, all resolved. I went ahead and got a swap meet space because I'm bringing some parts as well.

TTI is always at the Spring Fling and offers a 10% show discount.

Wish I could call the guy guy on the phone while they are there and place an order for 10% off! If you guys see them and they are willing post if you can I would do that in a heart beat.

Auto Transport Service
Back