• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOPAR weekend @ Union Grove

BIGSHCLUNK

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:21 AM
Reaction score
MOPAR weekend @ Union Grove - musta had a little fun....

pic072714_12.jpgIt hasn't been anywhere near the crowds of a few years ago, but were going to head down for the day and check it out.
mopar2014_front.jpg

Last edited:
I was there Saturday. Not much of a show. I think the problem is no real advertising. I did meet some nice guys and saw some nice cars. I finally ran the car. Unfortunately I spun at the start, backed off spun again just stayed until traction and then hammered it. [email protected] mph with a .627 reaction. I sucked the car didn't, it ran perfect. I beat the magnum in the other lane. He had at least 3 lengths on me off the line. It was a blast, now I just have to figure out traction, BFG 275/60's don't cut it. Sorry I missed ya, couldn't make it on Sunday. Take care! Howard

Bigs, Sorry I did not know about this show...:eusa_shhh:

more communication needed...
:thinker:

BTW; Congrats!

The lack of advertising seems to be a consensus of allot of guys I know. I wouldn't have known myself but the wife keeps up on this stuff. I will say there was a fair number of guys racing Sunday. Way more than last year. I'm old 'nuff to remember the SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY but nobody could promote like Broadway! You youngsters don't know what I'm talking about. But I know theres a gang here that does! Like so many guys, it come down to one thing.... $$$$

We were all saying the same thing. One of the guys works there and we were talking about the old days. He says now the problem with the top fuel races is the track isn't long enough for shutdown. I remember the glory days, all the big names cars and drivers. I am going to try and make it more often, for fun and to see if I can get this car to hook and get my *** in gear to do my part!

I didn't know about it. Like you guys said - not enough advertising. I was stuck at work all weekend anyway.

Bob really was something else.

Union Grove '09 221.jpg

Union Grove '09 200.jpg

Congrats BIGS. Now we all need a cool lady like yours to remind us about this stuff or I need a personal secretary.

Congrats BIGS. Now we all need a cool lady like yours to remind us about this stuff or I need a personal secretary.
maybe I'll ask the wife to join just so she can keep all of us updated!:headbang:

Back in 2009, we went to the GatorNationals in Gainesville. Who did we see walking around there, but Broadway Bob! He was fun to talk to. He had martini glass sunglasses on - you couldn't miss him. He was glad to see some fellow Wisconsinites - like we were old pals. He was talking to us about the upcoming Nostalgia Drags at Union Grove that coming summer. Then he gave us a business card and told us to call him for some free tickets for it. We didn't call him for the tickets, but we did go to the event. It was ok, but again, I don't think it was advertised enough. The turnout was disappointing. It was still fun to be there, though. It really is an historic track - ALL of the big names ran there in the old days.

I also have a Broadway story. Years ago when I was still playing music, Broadway had booked us for a weekend event ( Harley drags as I recall) he was having. My band did a ton of biker gigs in those days so it was a good fit. We got there and another band was setting up. Broadway had accidentally booked 2 bands for the same gig. We didn't end up playing that day but got paid and we were able to hang out and have a few beers. All on Broadway!
BTW - he did book us for a future gig.

The lack of advertising seems to be a consensus of allot of guys I know. I wouldn't have known myself but the wife keeps up on this stuff. I will say there was a fair number of guys racing Sunday. Way more than last year. I'm old 'nuff to remember the SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY but nobody could promote like Broadway! You youngsters don't know what I'm talking about. But I know theres a gang here that does! Like so many guys, it come down to one thing.... $$$$

Back when, Wednesday nights was a really good time....[bracket race] ...I quit bowling to make it every Wednesday....or just a $$ grudge race.....:eusa_eh:I remember ...

Auto Transport Service
Back