• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moparfest at the Battleship 2019/April 26-27

whayden2003

Local time
8:36 AM
Reaction score
Another year gone. Time for another moparfest at the battleship. 2 day event this year. Who's going???

Probably going! Not 100% sure but will decide soon.

It was huge last year. But. It was my first swap meet. Others my chime in on how it compares to others.

It's like all the car shows are getting, to many new cars. If I want to see new cars, I can go to a dealership, or used car sale. Not that the new Challengers and Chargers aren't nice. I have a couple of the Gen III cars and I may go to a cruise in with them, but there is not a place for them at a Classic Car Event. If its like last year there will be 60-70 classic's there and 120+ new cars.
As far as the swap meet goes there will probably be 18-25 there with very few good parts. One will have to beat Ted Stevens there to get them.
I will say that the Big Easy Club throws a good party the evening and night before the show.

I found some parts I needed at a good price.
For me, it is a MUST attend event and the venue is one of the best!

One week away!
Last year:

Other Mopars at the Battleship videos:

.....It's like all the car shows are getting too many new cars. .....but there is not a place for them at a Classic Car Event. If it's like last year there will be 60-70 classic's there and 120+ new cars.....

I'm afraid that this is an ongoing phenomenon that takes place at an All Mopar Event. It's annoying as H3LL!! If and when I do have time to wander off from my swap spot to look at Mopar muscle, I will blow right past these cars. I don't give a crap what paint design, stuffed animals, light grounds effects, under hood color schemes, idiotic hood scoops with LED lights you've added to your Challenger, I'm not stopping. Onto real Mopar muscle for me. And even so, I'd rather look at a 1976 Plymouth Volare station wagon /6 three-on-the-tree than a new Challenger.

I figure if I don't go because of the new cars, I will be hurting the hobby more. I finished detailing the car that will go today. I will load it up tomorrow when the rain is out of here.
20190425_172422.jpg
20190425_172446.jpg

that would be one show I wouldn't mind a bunch of new cars, because I'd be checking out The Alabama

016066.jpg

I had to remove the clear plastic fuel bowl site plugs yesterday to get ready to drive to the show today...
DON'T LEAVE PLASTIC SITE PLUGS IN any longer than it takes to adjust the float levels. They had deteriorated and I had to pull all 3 Holley 2bbl carbs, remove the fuel bowls, clean out the plastic, and then put it all back together, with the metal plugs installed.
What should have taken 15 minutes took 3 hours...
The Battleship is about 2 hours away. I headed out this morning and ENJOYED the ride in the BEAUTIFUL cool, dry, blue sky day!
The :lowdown:Passon Performance a855 5 speed with the 4.10 Ring and Pinion gearset at 75 is AWESOME! I'm turning around 2,800 RPMs at 75mph vs 3,500 RPMs with the factory 4 speed and the original 3.54 Ring and Pinion gears!
The 440+6 is running great. I can't wait to get the dual wideband O2 system installed and the QA1 K-member and new front suspension.

Over 250 cars when I registered!
Turnout is GREAT!
Man! What a venue for an All American muscle car show!
:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:
This was my favorite show to see before I got my Roadrunner, my first big show I put my car in, and I have won a "Top 30" trophy every year.
Edit: except for this year :cursin:

Last edited:
Battleship Alabama
20190427_115425.jpg

Roadrunner behind the wheel of my Roadrunner !
20190427_120103.jpg

View of the field from the Battleship
20190427_115431.jpg

Green metallic Super Bee is a
REAL :lowdown:A-12, with a 4 speed! :bananadance:
If not for the A-12, my wonderful (as they all are) V-Code may never have been!
The A-12 started it all, and in the truest sense, boosted reasonably priced, over the top performance for the MOPAR nation!
20190427_120648.jpg
20190427_120704.jpg
20190427_120728.jpg

Last edited:
Nice AAR with a pistol grip 4 speed and console (I think ALL AAR/TA E bodies should have been standard transmission ONLY)
20190427_121203.jpg
20190427_121208.jpg
20190427_121217.jpg

More pix soon!

Auto Transport Service
Back