• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopars at Da Grove

Hey Big - have you ever been to that particular event there? They don't have any details about it on their website - it's just listed on the calendar. I wonder how good it is. A few years ago we went to the nostalgic races there. While it was ok, it was a disappointment - especially for what they were charging. Not too many cars there. It is always fun going to that historic track, but I'd like to know if it's worth the drive for this event.

It was much BIGGER a few years ago. When the economy the tanked the event thinned out considerably. Not only in in the amount racers but folks hanging out to show/BBQ/socialize. I don't think allot of folks had money to race or even keep their cars. Last year it started to come back a bit. IMHO I think making it a 1 day deal would probly make more sense. But that's not my deal to say. I'm sure Kilpatrics will run some stuff, haven't seen Wagner's there in maybe 2 years ($$$???). A day at a track is never a cheap date, but you can load up a cooler and get it in w/o issue.
BIGS

Went there today. What a disappointment. Probably 30 cars for show another 30 for the races. There were 3 swap meet vendors, 1 of those was a small die cast table. Nice cars of course but really a flop I think. I won't go next year and it's only 35 minutes away. I'd really be surprised if it happens again next year.

Went there today. What a disappointment. Probably 30 cars for show another 30 for the races. There were 3 swap meet vendors, 1 of those was a small die cast table. Nice cars of course but really a flop I think. I won't go next year and it's only 35 minutes away. I'd really be surprised if it happens again next year.

Bigs was there too! Last year I thought things were making a comeback as there were about a hundred cars in the show. This years was a disappointment (amount of cars wise).This was show and race. Swap area was nothing to speak of that's for sure. None of the resident food truck were open either. I'm curious as to Kilpatrics take on it, seeing they were sponsors. Cant say I know why. Expense? Age? (I mean the car owners)Lack of advertising? Seems I never hear much about "da grove" anymore. We had a good time notwithstanding. I'll post some pics later

Lack of advertising?

I'd say Bingo on that one. When you go on their website and can't even get any decent details on the event, it isn't going to be very successful this day and age. Thanks for the reports, guys. Glad I didn't burn the fuel to go down there.

Where do you guys live? I was hoping to hook up with someone from here, kinda hard when you don't know who you're looking for. I put the car in the show( it was 5 bucks cheaper) got there about 10 and left about 2. I have the 72 satellite, tawny gold, white top. No show car but to save 5 bucks what the heck. Take care Howard

Was also there today, and many times before, but with the gate fee for my car and passenger it was $45 to see a poor turnout, it was a let down to say the least. It was depressing to see how the facility is decaying, and couldn't even get a brat at the only food vendor there as they were out...WTF! Not sure I'll go back again at what it costs just to get in to see a light turn out like today.

I'm all about supporting local shows, but geez, make it worth my while with more cars/vendors, and not a $25 hit for a passenger.

Things have been changing since Broadway has passed that's for sure.

demonram I was there in the sublime chally vert w the HEMI. If ya see me come introduce!

I used to live right down the street. Sad to hear the place/event is going down hill. I will admit I used to avoid the Mopar only day like the plague but always enjoyed the fast street car stuff and especially the nostalgia drags.

Union Grove '09 200.jpg

Union Grove '09 221.jpg

Sonny did not know about it 'till last Saturday .......so went
to "Lannon":eusa_eh:
lannon.jpg

Yes ... advertising was minimal to say the least...........

It was a non judged show and mostly a fundraiser for some local groups. I kept Sonny company and we had a good time just looking around and BS'ing. It was quite a good turnout with hundreds of cars. So......no hardware for anyone.

E, Your car looks so great, new interior with original design seat covers wow awesome!
the engine compartment paint!
MY '63 dodge :eusa_pray: looks shabby next to your "63 Dodge!

Sonny

So does that mean you want to swap cars? I really like your Dodge Belvedere! LOL!!!!! The originality in your Ply. is what makes it so cool and a show stopper.

It was a non judged show and mostly a fundraiser for some local groups. I kept Sonny company and we had a good time just looking around and BS'ing. It was quite a good turnout with hundreds of cars. So......no hardware for anyone.

You guys both have awesome cars .. nice set of matched bookends if you ask me

vbpgimage.php

Auto Transport Service
Back