• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopars at the Rock

cbodybob

Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
Well its coming up soon. Wondering if anyones going. I usually attend. Took the drag car last year. They had so many problems that if I do go this year I definitely wont be taking it again. I might stroll throught the swap meet. At least the ones who don't pack up & leave a 1 pm.

I'll probably go since it's only a few miles away. No car this year though. The event has really gone down hill in the past few years. I think one of the problems is that they charge way too much for spectators. It's not a big show and to soak people $15 admission results in not many coming out. Most of the people walking the show and watching the race are the ones with a car there entered in one or another.

I hope it is better this year. It is on a different weekend than the Charlotte Auto-fair this year. That should help a lot. I am planning on taking my A12 if the weather is good.

I'll probably go since it's only a few miles away. No car this year though. The event has really gone down hill in the past few years. I think one of the problems is that they charge way too much for spectators. It's not a big show and to soak people $15 admission results in not many coming out. Most of the people walking the show and watching the race are the ones with a car there entered in one or another.

Yea I have been going since the 80's when they had it over at the round track. Last years was so disorganized & track prep in the right lane was awfull . Also the facility in general is starting to look shabby.

They just had a big ADRL event this weekend so the track should be decent.. The past couple of years a new group of guys from SC have been running the show part. Great guys, but I do wish they would go back to regular trophies .. I do believe that the key to making the event popular and economically feasible again is to lower the fees, especially for spectators. Get more spectators there and I think we'd see more swap meet vendors, cars for the show and more racers.
The facility has definitely been going downhill for sometime. I wish Steve would either invest in it or put it up for sale and let someone else take the reins before it loses it's reputation completely.

I'll be going no car for it is in jail. Price does seem a little steep but my kids like watching the racing as do I.

Some B body pics at the Rock

I was there. Decent show. Excellent weather. But, at $20.00 per person to get in, might not go again.
100_2558.jpg100_2328.jpg100_2339.jpg100_2401.jpg100_2408.jpg100_2455.jpg100_2472.jpg100_2529.jpg100_2550.jpg

I was there 40 min ride out, we'll worth it is my opinion.
I have a friend vendor-great seeing all those classics.
ron

Doubt I'll be going again. At least not as a spectator for $20. The show field was pretty sparse again this year, IMO. There were several really nice old classics, a couple of real beauties that i haven't seen before. I didn't count them up but definitely over half of the show cars were modern. Many of the guys from previous years were not there - including the few other local guys with classic Mopars... I'd venture to say this show didn't have much more than 10% of the classics that show up at Farmington.
One window, of one freaking concession stand open too!!! That about took the cake having to wait in line for 30 minutes to get a darn drink.

Hate to say it but I think this event's days are numbered unless something changes.

Auto Transport Service
Back