• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopars in Columbus May 20-22

I don't know to answer your question, but i am planning on going for the 1st time this year.
Matt

If it's the one that's held at the Rhodes, inside the building, it wasn't too big at all year before last. Seems it was about this time of year we went, and it took almost an hour to see everything, even with stopping and talking with people. I had taken an air grabber hood up to drop with a person, and thought I'd see what I could find. Wasn't too much. In all fairnesss, in talking with the people there, it was early in the day, and it was only one day, and they told me it was generally a lot larger. Odds are I'll still cruise up just to see what shows since I only live about 3 hours away and it's a nice trip. And of course, the more who go, the larger it will become with time. I know the 3rd Mopar Nats wasn't that large either, but...

It's about 1/3 the size it used to be. When the economy tanked and the gas prices skyrocketed, it seemed people only coupld justify one trip to Columbus, and the Nats was the choice normally. It is a decent show. Didn't make it until Sunday last year and it was DEAD.
Hope this helps.

I've been several times. It can be a pretty decent event. frankly, if the weather cooperates, I think it will do pretty well, attendance wise. Lots of folks seem to enjoy it as it is one of the first, outdoor/racing mopar events of the year to brush off all the cabin fever. Plus, it has nowhere near the hassles of the Nats (which I also attend).

I went Last year on a saturday it was a good show.Things aren't as they used to be,but what is.If weather holds out,it will be a good show.

The weather is the factor.I have been there with a great swap meet.Is it as big as the nats almost.It is worth the trip usually.

It used to be a better event than the Nats. Swap items were cheaper; with the premium name of the Nats came the premium prices in the swap spaces. The weather is normally a little less overpowering. Sitting in the staging lanes is less of a sauna, the lines are shorter, ect. The ony thing you really miss on the May event is the after show activities. Brice Road last year on Friday night had 3 cars out cruising. 10 years ago there were 3 places to park in a 10 block radius it seemed...
I recommend going, though. I am looking forward to it.

Auto Transport Service
Back