• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopars on the Strip Las Vegas

project62

Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score
Been 12 years since my wife and I have been to Vegas. Thinking of going again in April and taking our 2 oldest boys. Has anyone ever been to this show?

Did you trying doing a search? I know I've seen post about it before.

Used to be Mopars only. Now it is all makes with Mopars featured. I was there for the first one and IIRC the 8th one. Good times and hopefully I will be there this year again.

I've always wanted to attend....but that's a long-*** haul.

My wife and I flew in a couple of years ago and had a Dodge Challenger reserved to rent but some in-laws met us there so I had to switch to a Chevy Tahoe for enough room. I thought the track was pretty nice and over all I had a good time....wouldn't mind going again sometime.

It's Muscle Cars at the Strip now. I'll be there. Been going since 06. Driving the Coronet. Last year Dodge had ride alongs. Wife says that the Viper had wheel-hop just like my new Challenger. We stay at the Hampton Nellis. Host hotel usually full. It's late this year. April 21-23, 2017. The ongoing drag racing is a real bonus. Even from the grandstands, you could hear the Hellcats romping back at the motor-cross area. So so swap compared to Spring Fling that precedes this by two weeks.

Went last Spring, was a little disappointing on vendors, swap meet, the racing is great. We will be there, hope not to break this year, staying at Aliante, 2 queen rooms are only available, 12 short, easy miles to the track.

Went last Spring, was a little disappointing on vendors, swap meet, the racing is great. We will be there, hope not to break this year, staying at Aliante, 2 queen rooms are only available, 12 short, easy miles to the track.
We're not taking our car. It's not done yet. I would need to take 2 weeks off to drive out back.

Remember The Jay Leno Hemi Under Glass roll over ? The car has been rebuilt and Jay and Bob Riggle will be there.Plan is to make a full passes while filming for "Jay's Garage".
I have been a volunteer now as we go into the 15th year. Still 89% MOPARS at the show. The Viper/Hellcat thrill rides are great and Hope they return this year..The Painter family works hard to bring new and different to the show each year as possible.I thank you, that have supported the shows past and hope to see all this year.

This is the car before:
IMG_2576.JPG

IMG_2517.JPG
A guy pulled up next to my 65 Coronet in this all steel golf cart, which he built from a real 65, the workmanship was amazing!
IMG_2520.JPG

image.png
I did NOT have the filthiest car in the Fun Field MATS last year.

We will be there with the GTX.. It will be the first time for the "X" at MATS.. Staying at the Hampton as well...

Jeff

Vendor count has been down for awhile now. Internet sales keeps most vendors at home. I still like to look and touch when I buy more that just clicking.I yearly make a list and support the vendors that are there.

Auto Transport Service
Back