• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moparty

MD Mopar

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:23 AM
Reaction score
I am thinking about attending the Moparty in Tennessee this year. Has anyone ever attended ? Is there any information out on the event? dates? location? Hotels??

Thanks
Grant

http://www.mopartypicnic.com/register/

Moparty2018flyerfinal11.jpg

Thanks. Can you recommend a place to say? I will have a trailer.
Grant

Last year was my first year attending the show as it exist now. It started to rain around 1 on Friday afternoon for a short while, so the drag racing was cancelled for the evening. Saturday morning brought more drizzle and light sprinkles, so that was pretty much a bummer for drawing cars. I think that car count would probably be in the 200 range. The preregistered account was like 243. Most of the cars were pretty much I would say from within a 150 miles radius. It has the potential to be a good get together.
The Chattanooga area has a lots to offer. The Coker Tire Company sponsored a hot dog / hamburger picnic style lunch on Friday. It was worth the price of the admission to see the collection and to view the inner workings of the variety of shops located within the complex.
For hotels / motels, the Holiday Inn Express is good and is on the same exit as the show site. We stayed at the Hamilton Road exit which is approximately four miles away. Wide selection available and this is the mall exit, so plenty of places to eat. The only problem is that there is limited parking at all of the motels. Most of the trailered cars that came in on Friday were left on the grounds. Friends left their car and trailer there on Thursday and Friday night to avoid the hassle.
Ken is working to promote the show and hopefully it will be blessed with good weather. Mother's Day weekend and the Farmington, NC. show does impact the show, I feel. I know that Ken wanted to have judging available on certain classes this year, but I do not see it listed on the flier. Last year was the first year to my knowledge that vendors were invited. I would say that a dozen or so guys selling parts would be about right. I did hear that some very good buys were made, which probably made both parties happy.
Hames Restorations and myself sponsored a spot on the inside arena and Ted Stephens was there with some AMD product as well on the arena floor with the Daytona.
I do not know if it is a show that I would drive 9 hours for one way, but you will see some cars that do not venture that far North to Carlisle. I would love to see the show grow to what it was back in the late 80s. Back in those days, the show was a one day only event held at Honest Charley's. Cars from 500 miles away were showing up as well as vendors. The good old days!!
If you have more questions, drop me a message or send a message to Ken. We would love to see the event to become a true marquee event.
Thanks,
Richard

Richard, thanks appreciate all the information. I will be coming from Maryland. I try to pick and do a different show each year. The moparty sounded like fun. Not sure I like leaving my car in the trailer unattended. Sounds like there might not be judging of the show cars. Still have not decided on attending. Plenty of time to decide.
Thanks again
Grant

Grant,
The facility is quite large, and I believe that some people may have actually stayed in their motor homes on Friday night and they may have been security on Friday night as well. I know they allowed us to park the trailers right behind the arena on Thursday and Friday night. But they had to be moved on Saturday morning for the cars to be parked.
I live 85 miles from the show, so I cannot really advise you on a place to stay of quality that has parking for a truck and a trailer. I am sure that Ken can give you a suggestion. I know that I made my reservations about two months ago and the Comfort Inn was already getting low on rooms. With it being Mothers Day weekend and the complex will be hosting other sporting events that weekend as well, motels within the area book up. You can always cancel a day or two prior to the event if you should decide not to attend.
Thanks,
Richard

Richard, Thanks. I will make my hotel reservations now.
Grant

Richard, All set, talked with Ken. Seems to be a really great guy. Made hotel reservations and signed up for the event. Hopefully, we will run into each other during the event.
Thanks
Grant

I spoke with Ken on this Sunday evening and things are looking good for another strong show. Unfortunately, the drag racing was rained out last year, but the response has been very supportive for this year. Hopefully the rain will stay away for the Friday and Saturday.
Ted Stephens and myself are trying to encourage as many as possible to come out for the show and contacting vendors and swappers as well. The get together is unique in that it really is a big picnic where the participants who wish to bring deserts are encouraged and the food is available to be purchased with the proceeds going to the Colon Cancer Research Group.
Ken really does this with a passion and limited help otherwise. I would love to see the show to continue to grow and there is no reason that it will not continue to grow. Check out Chattanooga as it has a lots to offer. Anyone can address questions to Ken or you can send them to me here as well.
We should be pretty easy to locate. Just look for the silver Restoration Parts and Materials Banner with a selection of restoration parts. We will have a setup inside the arena and hopefully have a smaller setup out in the swap meet area.
Looking forward to seeing everyone once again.
Thanks,
Richard

Auto Transport Service
Back