• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More bad news at Tesla motors...

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:44 PM
Reaction score
News last week that they posted a HUGE 3rd quarter LOSS to the tune of $8000 per MINUTE, this comes along....
Apparently some employees are having trouble with their checks...

If taxpayers can subsidize Tesla, then they can subsidize my Hellcat. Musk doesn't walk on water as reported. The Dodge Brothers (Horace and John) didn't get a penny from the government.

Meanwhile, Tesla just announced two new products in the pipeline: An electric semi truck...
teslasemi2.jpg

and the 0-60 in 1.9 seconds Roadster.
tesla-roadster-print-secondary.jpg

Is that David Cassidy next to that red car?

I think I love you
But what am I so afraid of
I'm afraid I cant pay the
Debts I am supposed to....

Even if they got all of the pre-order funds they wanted, they would burn through that cash in a matter of days.

Although that high rate of burn is unlikely to continue unabated, it's clear that Tesla will have to raise more cash at some point. The company is already generating some cash by taking pre-orders for future vehicles; Tesla has begun taking $250,000 down payments for its Founders Series Roadster, even though the vehicle won't launch until 2019 at the earliest. Tesla is capping production of the Founders Series Roadster at 1,000 units, meaning the special edition model could net the company $250 million in pre-orders. Tesla is also taking $50,000 down payments for the standard Roadster and $5,000 deposits for its new semi truck.

News last week that they posted a HUGE 3rd quarter LOSS to the tune of $8000 per MINUTE, this comes along....
Apparently some employees are having trouble with their checks...

I'm pretty sure the Tesla bounced checks story is a social media rumor. Facebook is not a good source of accurate or credible information.

^^^^THIS. Who gets a physical paycheck anymore? Direct deposit...

Tesla has begun taking $250,000 down payments for its Founders Series Roadster, even though the vehicle won't launch until 2019 at the earliest. Tesla is capping production of the Founders Series Roadster at 1,000 units, meaning the special edition model could net the company $250 million in pre-orders. Tesla is also taking $50,000 down payments for the standard Roadster and $5,000 deposits for its new semi truck.
Sorry, if I'm forking over 250K for a stinkin' car I better have my *** in the seat now (or a reasonable amount of time), not in a year +....this guy's a real piece of work...what if there are delays or setbacks? these things happen...I guess they could rush the cars to market and just recall them later!
Is that David Cassidy next to that red car?
It's jeff mauro, food network's 'sandwich king'!

The Dodge Brothers (Horace and John) didn't get a penny from the government.

What an idiotic statement. They never faced a technological problem as monumental as Tesla faces, all the Dodge brothers had to do was copy any other auto manufactures product and methods.

Well they didn't invent the wheel, the gas engine, the automobile or the assembly line now did they?!?!
No but they did design some of Henry Ford's best early designs.
And I'm pretty sure Ford never invented the wheel or the gas engine

I don't want Tesla to fail. Just do it the American way. On your own. NOT on the government dole. Like Ford did. Like Dodge did. We take our history for granted. Designers and innovators didn't have computers to steal designs from around the globe then either.

I think that Tesla needs to slow down and perfect one innovation before moving on to the next project. They have to many irons in the fire :2cents:

Auto Transport Service
Back