• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Charger crack pipe madness…

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:28 AM
Reaction score
I get it that these cars are extremely popular BUT I heard an idiot say “Come on man” plus they are Bill of sale only.
$9,000 for these 2??

Some reason couldn’t copy photos had to screen shoot them…

D7DF74E5-A500-414C-A4F5-B9C9AC954CC5.png F7ED3550-DE52-49B4-9ED2-8EA75565E284.png A55F6EDC-9D1D-43E8-8A12-5E40525515A6.png C4DE74ED-936C-495E-8B46-1C2B9F824B11.png 07D5B033-6C2F-4792-B50E-BEB3A519B219.png

There seems to be a lot of people out there with too much money for their own good.

If the shells are buildable I could see $3500-4k a pc. They look pretty wrecked though.

Turned on Mecum 2 different times for about 5 minutes and changed the channel! The classic car world has lost it’s mind. I’m working to sell my 4 classics and sit and wait for the “correction”. There are going to be some pissed off puppies down the road.

A local guy bought a 69 almost that bad. He had it at a cruise in and it hurt to look at it. He said he paid $4500 for it (about 8yrs ago) and picked it up in GA. On the way home people kept trying to buy it from him. :realcrazy: It was in black primer and the seats were held together with duct tape. I didn't really know what to say because he was really excited about it. About 2yrs later he brought it to a car show and whoever worked on it did a good job at least from what could be seen. He got all bent out of shape because he didn't place and one of the judges made unkind remarks. I told him not to give up, that stuff happens. I haven't seen the car since.

Turned on Mecum 2 different times for about 5 minutes and changed the channel! The classic car world has lost it’s mind. I’m working to sell my 4 classics and sit and wait for the “correction”. There are going to be some pissed off puppies down the road.

I see this as a good thing. Better than having them discarded and treated like crap as they were when the phony Jimmy *** Clown Carter gas crisis resulted in too many of them being destroyed. Now it's worth restoring them and preserving them for the industrial art that they are. When people see my cars, they put smiles on their faces and bring joy that 99% of new cars could never do.

On a philosophical note, imagine if cars disappeared overnight. You could be the best mechanic/fabricator on the planet. If you had to start from scratch and build a car, make ALL the parts, it would be nearly if not definitely impossible. The existence of something as simple as a pencil requires a community of human beings. As Milton Friedman said: not one of us could make a pencil.
Forget about making a car.

A local guy bought a 69 almost that bad. He had it at a cruise in and it hurt to look at it. He said he paid $4500 for it (about 8yrs ago) and picked it up in GA. On the way home people kept trying to buy it from him. :realcrazy: It was in black primer and the seats were held together with duct tape. I didn't really know what to say because he was really excited about it. About 2yrs later he brought it to a car show and whoever worked on it did a good job at least from what could be seen. He got all bent out of shape because he didn't place and one of the judges made unkind remarks. I told him not to give up, that stuff happens. I haven't seen the car since.

These are in Georgia too!!

I can make a pencil! And I can make an ink pen as well. Just need to go fishing for an octopus or a squid. Some of us are handy! and why we restore cars. LOL!

I can make a pencil! And I can make an ink pen as well. Just need to go fishing for an octopus or a squid. Some of us are handy! and why we restore cars. LOL!

Really? Let's see. Wood, graphite, paint, ferrel and eraser...FROM SCRATCH. That means make the paint from scratch, not buy it already made, hand hew wood from a tree, hand make the metal ferrel after mining the metal, not buying ready made stock, you have rubber trees to make the eraser and process it yourself? How about the graphite? No ready made lead/graphite, mine it yourself and process it. Have you built all your own tools? FROM SCRATCH? How much would it cost and how long would it take? I can go down to Wal damn Mart and buy a whole pack for about a buck.
Start with nothing, no tools - you have to produce from raw materials all the tools, all the materials, everything from scratch. Let's see it.

Auto Transport Service
Back