• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More help - 73 under hood details

YY1

Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone that helped with my battery bolt issue.

Now I have some wires that I'm not sure where they go.

Black with a round connector, which I think might be the brake valve switch, but it doesn't really want to stay on.

Then brown with a "standard" connector, and twin black with yellow stripe with another funny connector.

IMG_20170304_170334.jpg

Do all of your gauges work properly? The brown looks like it may go to the Alternator field. The Black/Yellow Stripe may go the the A/C, if your car has/had A/C. The round connector could be the temp sending unit.

Hat kind conector.
Prop brake pressure fail switch.

Double brown traced yellow wire plug.
Starter relay ground.

Brown wire.
Wiper washer

Thanks.

I think I still have to mount that relay.

Wonder where it is.....

there is a reason for the "funny" shaped starter relay NSS ground plug... won't be mixed up with the ign prong which is diagonal

100_4587.jpg

Sorry I steered you so wrong YY1. I'm so glad you guys, Nacho-RT74 and ODZKing, jumped in to help! As you probably surmised, i was totally guessing. I should have stayed out but, I'm going wading thru every inch of wire in my Satellite. The guy I bought if from did such a hatchet job on my poor baby that I gave up and ordered a Ron Francis Express kit. Do any of you know the ignition switch connections for a 74 Satellite Sebring Plus? I've tried to check the switch with my multimeter but my meter isn't very good anymore. I've got a heavy gauge red, brown, light blue and black wires and a lighter gauge black wire. My tests lead me to believe the Red is the battery post on the starter, Black seems to be the Accessories, Light Blue seems to be Neutral Safety Switch, That leaves Brown for Start. I'm guessing the lighter gauge black is the horn ground. How screwed up am I?

Do you mean ign switch harness down the column?

Red-- batt source ( coming from alt side of the charging system)

Blue-- RUN circuit ( ign 1 )
Brown-- ballast bypass circuit ( ign 2 )
Yellow-- starter
Black-- accesories

Two small red wires are ign key in buzzer sensor ( in and out )

Orange small wire if column is shifter lettering light

I have a reasonably complete 1973 Coronet dash, and 1974 Charger SE under hood harness I'll make you a good deal on.

There are replacement ign switches what carries a light gauge ( 16 or so ) extra black wire where SHOULD be running the orange wire for the shifter light on column cars. Can't tell what sign carries but as far once read on an instruction sheet on line ( a pic of a part of the instructions sheet actually ), some cars use it and some others not. A 74 B body certainlly doesn't use it ( neither earliers ) no matter if carries positive or negative.

Horn trigger ( ground ) runs allong the turning switch harness. Black wire on it

Thank you very much Nacho! Thanks to you as well YY1 but, i've got $500 in this Ron Francis kit and, once i get it finished, every circuit will be new. Then i get to rebuild my engine with all the goodies i've piled up for it. :) i'll keep you in mind if i cross anyone looking for a factory harness.

I have a reasonably complete 1973 Coronet dash, and 1974 Charger SE under hood harness I'll make you a good deal on.
do you still have the coronet dash?

@Matt6842

Yes but the cluster was sold.

It was really nice, and of course now I need it!

What parts do you need?

What parts do you need?
right now recommendations on where to get a few parts like shocks i cant find any one that carries any for that thing

I meant from the dash...

have you tried rockauto for shocks?

I meant from the dash...

have you tried rockauto for shocks?
oh no lol sorry not tried rock auto and out of the dash all i need is a speedo but looks like you sold it

I might have another one.

Auto Transport Service
Back