• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moser but still strange 8 3/4 fab housing.

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
First time to get one that the customer wanted it to be lengthened.....and wanted it to fit the existing axles! Even then I had to shorten them and undercut the splines to make them go into the spool deep enough so as to not shorten the splines too much. Had to lengthen one side to make both axles the same length as per customer since this housing was offset. This is my 2nd Moser setup and well, not too sure I want to do anymore rear ends (especially not Mosers) where the axles have to be modified too lol. Hello Mike!! :D

IMG_20220123_164432909.jpg IMG_20220123_164941356.jpg

First time to get one that the customer wanted it to be lengthened.....and wanted it to fit the existing axles! Even then I had to shorten them and undercut the splines to make them go into the spool deep enough so as to not shorten the splines too much. Had to lengthen one side to make both axles the same length as per customer since this housing was offset. This is my 2nd Moser setup and well, not too sure I want to do anymore rear ends (especially not Mosers) where the axles have to be modified too lol. Hello Mike!! :D

View attachment 1229278 View attachment 1229279
Man those things are ugly! LOL

What does the vehicle weigh? 1200 lbs? LOL. Good luck

What does the vehicle weigh? 1200 lbs? LOL. Good luck
It's going into a 78 Mustang......and from the pics I've seen of it.....I'm thinking the car will fold up before the rear end breaks lol. Hey, If they are paying, I'm playing! :D

Auto Transport Service
Back