• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most complete EFI kit to use-Need recomendation

Acworld34

Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
What is the most complete kit for EFI including the necessary set up for fuel pump. Anyone have any experience with installing them on a basically stock system? It is now a stock 383 but i am looking to upgrade the engine later (years away) so i want to make sure i won't do this again so i would like an EFI that is capable for 450hp to 600hp at the max. So my basic question is i see so many different brands but i can't choose and wanted to know everyone's experience with the current ones on the market.

How reliable are they and easy.
My car is having problem starting in cold weather. also other times i just have problems just getting the car started in any weather. I am tired of getting stuck and spraying starting fluid
in the Carb. Killing the battery...etc...
My set up so far:

1970 Plymouth Satellite
Stock gas tank
stock 383 6.3l
relocated battery to the trunk so i have room for a fuel system in the front if necessary.
I re-did the wiring so i have a one wire alternator.
Rewired with American autowire updated wiring for modern accessories.

Let me know also how easy it is to install. I have already done a lot to this car so far.

I have installed 2 of the Holley Sniper kits. Both master kits and include the external mounted fuel pump. Easy to install and easy to setup. Took about 3 hours.

I think there are 2 other recent threads on this subject.......

I have installed 2 of the Holley Sniper kits. Both master kits and include the external mounted fuel pump. Easy to install and easy to setup. Took about 3 hours.
Thanks great to know... How are those cars running with the holley EFI. What about the return line was that hard to install would you do that again over in-tank setups?

I have installed 2 of the Holley Sniper kits. Both master kits and include the external mounted fuel pump. Easy to install and easy to setup. Took about 3 hours.[/QU

what do you do with the mechanical fuel pump? is there a part to seal up that whole after you by pass it?

You may consider using the Corvette fuel filter with built in return line. It also regulates fuel pressure. Keeps the return line short. After buying the Edelbrock Pro Flow, I don't think I'll use a TBI system again.
Tim

You may consider using the Corvette fuel filter with built in return line. It also regulates fuel pressure. Keeps the return line short. After buying the Edelbrock Pro Flow, I don't think I'll use a TBI system again.
Tim
Unfortunately they still don’t make pro flow for low deck motors
I’d like to try that one too

Personally I would not ever buy a "master" kit; get the EFI system you want and then buy the fuel components you need, a lot cheaper in the long run and you can make a nicer system.

Personally I would not ever buy a "master" kit; get the EFI system you want and then buy the fuel components you need, a lot cheaper in the long run and you can make a nicer system.
I agree the fuel pump and the way you have to install it is kind of stupid. Pre filter,pump,post filter. In the B-body cars there isnt much room to mount this crap under the car.

I have 2 in tank and 1 exterior pumps; I have to say that the in tank pumps are nice, however I would not hesitate from running an exterior pump either. On the car I am doing now (70 RR), I will most likely run an in tank pump because I am going to be replacing the tank and it is just as easy to get a tank set up for a pump as not (although slightly more expensive).

If I do it to my own car it will be an intank setup. I had to make a bracket to hang above the rearend for that **** to fit on in both cars.. Just plain dumb.

On my Cuda I put the pump on the frame inside the pass side wheel well and built a shield for it and the lines. I did this for 2 reasons, first the manufacturer stated that the pump should be mounted below the tank, on an E body that is basically impossible. Second was to provide access if it failed. Not saying this is the best setup, just what I did. It was made better because I mini tubbed it and there was some room.

YES.... true but not being an expert or even very good with the fuel system or installing an EFI. I don't want to buy unnecessary parts or parts that don't necessarily work correctly together.

I was hoping someone would tell me more about how they like their system and how easy it was to install. I heard Fi-tech was not good on the lower end model.

The install was easy. Except I was 2 feet short on hose. I didnt think much about it at the time but within 5 minutes of running the car that piece of old hose showed its ugliness. Old hose and EFI do not belong in the same place. I was trying to get by but ended up having to go get 5 feet of efi hose. DO NOT USE OLD HOSE. There ya go the only warning I have about the whole setup.

If it was my car I'd put a Holley Sniper on it with the Hyperspark distributor and a new EFI gas tank with an internal pump. About $2000 in parts and then it is going to take an experienced mechanic a full day for the install. Someone who doesn't have much experience is going to take a week or so to install it and maybe make some mistakes with the wiring and plumbing along the way.

Edelbrock Pro Flo 4. Complete from firewall forward. Not a hiccup. Perfect. 4K miles. Check for a 383 application. External pumps are loud, and too much under hood heat for the pressure builders they sell IMO. In tank pump best way to go. Don’t buy from Ricks Tanks El Paso.

You are having trouble with a carburetor and somehow you think a fuel injection conversion will be a better way to go? Really???

Auto Transport Service
Back