• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most expensive gas in North America.

xtraoldestock

Local time
12:54 PM
Reaction score
Vancouver, Canada. $1.70 a litre. That's $6.42 for a U.S. gallon. $7.71 for a Imperial gallon. Taxes are about 55 cents a litre .

Vancouver, Canada. $1.70 a litre. That's $6.42 for a U.S. gallon. $7.71 for a Imperial gallon. Taxes are about 55 cents a litre .

That is a bit over $2.08 in taxes per gallon!

Dang, a 20-Gallon fill-up would cost $128.70 with $41.64 in taxes.

Most of that is a tax/subsidy for our transit system. On my way home from work today it was $1.60.9 for regular (87).

I don't care how much it costs to fill the Super Bee with 94. I didn't buy it for the mileage.

I remember being in Canada in 1972 and a pack of smokes were $4.00 :fool:
I was going to school in 1972, they were nowhere near that price. You could get a whole carton for $4.50 Canadian back then in the Vancouver area. I gassed up in Surrey yesterday for $1.36.9 / litre, other places a few blocks away were 33 cents higher.

Man, I was crying when gas went from $1.98/g to where it is now a $2.28/g.

I sure wouldn’t want to be getting raped like the Canucks - but for the Lower 48 CA has to be the jackpot for gas prices. We’re back well over $4.00 a gallon. It was down to $2.99 just a few weeks ago. Summer must be coming..... hohoho....

OK, a Canadian dollar is worth $0.75 US, so the $6.43 Cad is $4.82 a gallon in US currency.

I was going to school in 1972, they were nowhere near that price. You could get a whole carton for $4.50 Canadian back then in the Vancouver area. I gassed up in Surrey yesterday for $1.36.9 / litre, other places a few blocks away were 33 cents higher.

Well the store owner was a rip off artist!

Gas here in Pa is at $2.99 for the cheap stuff.

I live in Manitoba Canada, and the price per liter is $1-25! for regular One month ago it was 99 cents!! And summer's just around the corner so she'll be climbing yet again :wtf:

buck 29 a litre yesterday.. buck 19 today.

1.29 here for regular here on Prince Edward Island. Went up five cents per litre yesterday. Another price adjustment on Monday. More than likely be going up again. Now that winter is over furnace oil will be going down. All about the taxes.

$2.67/ gallon for 87 Octane in NJ. And they Pump it for you. :bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:
I let them in my DD but in the Satty, the idiots can't even find the gas cap behind the license plate.

$2.67/ gallon for 87 Octane in NJ. And they Pump it for you. :bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:
I let them in my DD but in the Satty, the idiots can't even find the gas cap behind the license plate.
That's something am waiting to do in my coronet once is done (if ever) go to the gas station and see the face of the guys there, asking me where is the gas cap :lol: btw the gas herebis 19.75 pesos for 1 liter like a dollar the liter. sorry my mind is set up in metrical.

I remember in the early 80's going over to Canada to fill up because it was a lot cheaper than ours.. I used to work part time and started at 2 AM, so I drove over before work because the bridge was packed earlier with people going over to get gas.

Auto Transport Service
Back