• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most Unconventional Build Ever?

fine69

Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
I’ve been following the build of a 1968 Charger on youtube by “Rust Bucket Restos”.
Now, this guy is quite brave and certainly has the skills to build the car but, holy cow, it’s like he says “I bought a roof with a vin.”
He can do whatever he wants (and yes it’s somewhat admirable that he’s saving a 318 car) but at what point do you decide this car cannot be saved? There is approximately 95% reproduction sheet metal in this car. Not exactly a survivor. Don’t really know where I’m going with this. Anyone else watching this build?

I've been watching him from the beginning on that car. He actually lived close to me before he moved out west a few months ago. That build is definitely not for the faint of heart but he's doing a nice job

That is a prime example of a realistic build of a charger that the AVERAGE person can afford. The roof/ firewall is original to the car. That's more than 5%. Props to him. Love watching that charger take shape. Anything can be saved. This guy decided that it could.

Quite the ambitious project for sure. I admire folks who have such skills.
Chris Birdsong (junkerup on YouTube and a member of FBBO as well) is probably most famous
for fabbing Chargers back together from next to nothing.
I'm sure he'd be impressed with this young mans' efforts.

I like to break things down to simple terms (like me, simple), to the least common denominator (for you math buffs out there ). A car is a bunch of parts, assembled. The factory originally assembled the car with a bunch of separate parts. This car is being disassembled to a certain extent, then re-assembled with a bunch of separate parts. It is still the car that it is.

Auto Transport Service
Back