• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motel in Fort Collins? (near CSU vet shool)

sam dupont

Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
Taking my dog to the CSU Veterinary Hospital for surgery next week. Looking for a place that's good and affordable. He'll be in recovery for two days. Poor thing. They say it will fix him right up.

Wish your dog a speedy recovery. What's wrong with him?

a double perineal (sp?) hernia. Only a board certified surgeon can do the procedure. Isn't anything he or I did wrong, just something dogs can get. It might heal on its own, or he could die from it if his bladder pokes through the hernia. I have to watch him and if he quits peeing, it's an emergency. I've been saving for a car hoist, guess I'll keep my little buddy instead and start saving again. $4K... gulp.

a double perineal (sp?) hernia. Only a board certified surgeon can do the procedure. Isn't anything he or I did wrong, just something dogs can get. It might heal on its own, or he could die from it if his bladder pokes through the hernia. I have to watch him and if he quits peeing, it's an emergency. I've been saving for a car hoist, guess I'll keep my little buddy instead and start saving again. $4K... gulp.

Your a good man, I use to say people have to be crazy to spend big $$ on a dog... I was wrong and the first time I was put in the position I changed my opinion quickly... The lift will be available later, your buddy might not.. And a loyal friend is worth whatever it takes... Hope everything works out well....

Oh man that sucks! I have a dog that's had bladder stones twice that had to be surgically removed and another one with an enlarged heart that has breathing issues from time to time. My wife and i were away the first time our little dog got stones and was peeing blood. Was super stressful not being there when she had her first surgery. Luckily the mother in law loves the dogs just as much as we do so she took care of her until we got back. Kills me anytime one of my pets is suffering. It's damn expensive owning a pet anymore. Mine was overseas so the surgery was way cheaper but still expensive. My dad is a retired vet so when i was growing up we were lucky to have free pet care. It wasn't crazy expensive back then for vet care. Sounds like your dog will be in good hands.

I don't know any motel/hotels in that area, but CSU has a great vet school.
My cholate lab had hip dysplasia with both hips as a pup, and they fixed her up :)
As you mentioned, not cheap. I think it was 4-5K 15 years ago.

Back to your original question, I believe Tom Bodet will leave the light on for you. Good Luck with the critter!

don't know of anything in that area off-hand, sorry

I hope the surgery goes well & he recovers fully

You're good man to take care of him like that
best of luck

Days Inn seems good. Clean and cheap according to reviews

Always go with the best vet spot around. My youngest took his Labrador to Ohio State University yrs ago. Usually you're getting a better price at a teaching hospital. Your hotel is not going to come close to the vet, sadly.

Hilton Fort Collins on west Prospect road is about 1.5 miles north of the vet school for CSU.

They'll operate one day and then watch him for another. What will I do with myself? Are there any flea markets or swap meets in Denver during the week?

My thoughts are with you sir. I can’t help with the lodging but good luck with your pup! We just put our boy down, from a non fixable condition. They’re family and it’s hard to see them go through it. Take care and safe travels.

Hilton Fort Collins on west Prospect road is about 1.5 miles north of the vet school for CSU.
You can never go wrong with Hilton.

Best of luck with your dog.

Auto Transport Service
Back