• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motor home 440

Bobby Sixkiller

Local time
6:58 PM
Reaction score
4660D738-9F8C-4BF6-B119-7DD8D7160B1F.jpeg
Anybody pull one out? Is it easier to go through the side the front or the bottom. 39k miles 300 bucks delivered to my house. Couldn’t say no. I have sawzall,torch,and a tractor. It looks like it’s gonna be a pain. What kind of internals might it have. It’s probably 10000 lbs 30 feet long

Yes, would be a cast crank, low compression engine, but its still a good 440. It was worth way more than purchase price. At 10,000 pounds they could have scraped it for more than you paid. Your picture didn't show the front, but judging from the style, I think you will pull from the front.

Wish I still had my big crane truck. I’d cut a hole in the roof and out the top. It had a 28 ft boom. 7000 lb capacity. The engine sits just behind the front axle.

I'm sure you are not trying to save the motorhome, but a lot of the front will unbolt. If you are into salvage it will have a heavy copper radiator. The last one I pulled the engine from the front with a tractor with forks on the front.

As a rule getting rid of the home after you get the motor is the hardest part....

Straight in from the front, sawzall is your friend...

It’s mostly fiberglass and wood. Cabover type. The radiator looks like it could be used in a wheat truck or something. And I’m not trying to save the body as it’s awful condition. Sitting for who knows how long.

The guy I got it from said he will take what I don’t want. He just wasn’t willing to pull the motor out. We’ll see how that goes. I bought the lot next to me and couldn’t give the trailer away. It wasn’t as nice as this is though. Lol. The generator looks good too.

I pulled the engine and transmission both from the front. Then I pulled the carcass into a open field and burned it, then cut up and loaded the scrap metal and sold it. Engine went for 700, copper radiator for 70, scrap iron 650. Motorhome was free other than the wrecker to get it was 150.

We used a saws all and oxy/act torch. Didn’t turn one bolt lol

Last edited:
He has another one he wants 150 for but it doesn’t run. It’s had a “mechanic “ working on it. The same guy that cuts wiring harness doing engine swaps and if 6 bolts work then 2 is good enough. Supposedly he rebuilt it so I passed on it.

He has another one he wants 150 for but it doesn’t run. It’s had a “mechanic “ working on it. The same guy that cuts wiring harness doing engine swaps and if 6 bolts work then 2 is good enough. Supposedly he rebuilt it so I passed on it.
I'd pass on that one too, you won't be able to pay yourself for the labor it will take.

I’m hoping the generator is good. Will be just right for when the power is out. Mount it on a little utility wagon or such. Maybe an old push mower. Didn’t look at it much. I don’t know much about them. Other than when I needed one they were all sold out. Lol. Ice storm a few years back.

Hope it's different in your states. In MI I must have called 35 plus places to scrap this motor home once I pulled the drivetrain. No one would take it. I parted it out, sold what I could then cut it up into a million pcs and threw it in all scrap steel, alum and construction dumpsters that I knew of.

77 dodge motorhome 2.jpg 77 dodge motorhome.jpg IMG9538271.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back