• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motor Mounts

ChryslerKid

Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys im installing a 2001 magnum 360 in my 78 cordoba. I am about to order a bunch of parts including new motor mounts I was wondering if I should go with the stock mounts for an LA 360 of that year or the mounts for a 360 in a 2001 ram 1500.

impala popcorn.gif

Well I think I found the answer i was looking for, but now it just brings up more questions. So i was finally able to get a good shot of a magnum era truck motor mount online. It has bolts that thread into the middle of the block as opposed to the older style running the opposite direction near the front. So I take a look at the magnum I have on the stand and it has an application for both style of mounts. Why would they cast it with both. I cant imagine chrysler engineers caring about us wanting to install them in old hot rods.

So I take a look at the magnum I have on the stand and it has an application for both style of mounts. Why would they cast it with both
There are many, many applications for these engines, and always have been. There used to be a Generac, yes Generac generator that used a V-6 from a Sebring, IIRC. They used to make a Hemi powered siren.... What mounts did these use lol?? Just depends on whats shaking, and what the engineers think at the given time.

https://www.hunterlomison.com/pdfs/0E9755.pdf

Ya never say never with Ma Mopar :p
That x10 I can't help you with the mount problem. But I always asked such as the roller cam LA engines when the Magnum was taking their place.
Or why make a 198 slant six and a 225. But I'm not a engineer or Ma Mopar's bean counter.

Auto Transport Service
Back