• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motorhome 1972 with 440 for only $200 ***Not Mine

A lot of times they are free.

EC98922C-9803-489B-9FCC-4903F159BE87.jpeg

Looks “mean” lol.

No scrappers want to take the un-sell able shell and interior and don't want to pay labor to strip them off just to get the steel frame and axles...and the 440.

No scrappers want to take the un-sell able shell and interior and don't want to pay labor to strip them off just to get the steel frame and axles...and the 440.

True that......

I think I just saw this exact thing on Roadkill. Stole the 440 and was stuck with the shell. Suckered some guy into taking it so they did not have to cut it up into a roll-off.

I just bought a 1973 Winnebago brave, LOL.($100, bucks steel crank 440)
So at first I got excited, when I saw MiradaMegaCab's post with photo, and that he was in NY.
Then I saw gutted inside, and its in SD, LOL!!!

I would 2bl check that its a 440 and NOT a 413.
I see it has the 'Motorhome" heads/waterpump, and the single snorkel air cleaner, holley carb, and the spark plug wire holder on driver side valve cover.
I am not a Winnebago expert, but AFAIK 440's had the thermoquad and duel snorkel air cleaner.

YY1 is correct, not a ton of "SCRAP" weight, as they are fiberglass, foam,fake wood panels, and lot of plastic.
But they do have Dana 60 or 70 rears.

I think I just saw this exact thing on Roadkill. Stole the 440 and was stuck with the shell. Suckered some guy into taking it so they did not have to cut it up into a roll-off.

They just aired that episode again tonight. They paid a grand for it, rented a roll off dumpster, had to pay a guy to finish cutting it up to get rid of it. Not a profitable venture.

Winnebago is my customer. In the visitor center they have one and it has the same shifter as my 65 Satellite

I just bought a 1973 Winnebago brave, LOL.($100, bucks steel crank 440)
So at first I got excited, when I saw MiradaMegaCab's post with photo, and that he was in NY.
Then I saw gutted inside, and its in SD, LOL!!!

I would 2bl check that its a 440 and NOT a 413.
I see it has the 'Motorhome" heads/waterpump, and the single snorkel air cleaner, holley carb, and the spark plug wire holder on driver side valve cover.
I am not a Winnebago expert, but AFAIK 440's had the thermoquad and duel snorkel air cleaner.

YY1 is correct, not a ton of "SCRAP" weight, as they are fiberglass, foam,fake wood panels, and lot of plastic.
But they do have Dana 60 or 70 rears.
Don't forget the 727

coughs...ummm..no scrappers would what??
lol,.this is Exactly what i do,
is buy junk campers tear them down w the backhoe throw the wood on the bonfire and then load the frames with scrap and tow the entire thing in and get paid.
heres a pic of a ford on a job that im about to do that too.

IMG_3489.JPG

heres a vid where we were about to load a chevy blazer on the back of one.
this camper/a shorty/provided a fresh rebuilt 360 and transmission for the princely sum of 200 bucks.

in fact,anyone in the ny area that has one or knows where theres a Good 400 van or 440 camper motor trans,
id be interested for my ramcharger project.

By "scrapper" I actually meant scrap yard.

That ford R/V looks really unique!!!
Was that a custom home made deal, or manufactured by an R/V company? Very strange looking!!!

I've seen one of those using a 1965 Coronet.

...and it's old enough that the virgin looking front sheet metal might be worth more than scrap.

When we did ours we used a tractor with a loader bucket and a old single axle dump truck.
Had that winne down to the shag carpet in about 1/2 hr.
Loaded the truck, went to the landfill and paid construction waste fee.

Auto Transport Service
Back