• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motors back together, racing today

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
Heads welded and resurfaced. Its in the trailer. Dragway 42 has been cut to one day so it's off to Mid Michigan Motorplex. No rain, finally. GLSSA event (stock, S/S, N/SS) $2k to win both days. Been on the practice tree for weeks, but only 6 passes so far this year.
Doug

go-get-em-tiger.jpg

you got this hit them hard and watch them fall good luck

Got it done today. 6 rds notched a win a $2k richer. Got lucky in the semis as I was late with a .054 R/T. The car did its job 9.148 on a 9.14. Scary 3rd rd. My buddy blew a trans line off right ahead of me. I was on the brakes tightening up the stripe it got pretty lose in the traps. Took them nearly an hour to clean the track.
Doug

great job doug. still have tomorrow

Good job Doug!
.054 you were late.
Lmao
I wish I were that late!

Way to go, Doug! Glad to hear you’re back up and rolling. Congrats on the win!

Great job Doug, congrats.
I dont know whether to be thankful that Doug doesnt race on the west coast, so he'll never be in the other lane... or to be sorry that he's not on the west coast to help us all get faster.
Thanks for all the help on this forum, Doug.

Lost 2nd rd today. Had him on the tree .029 to .061 but way to much stripe, .053. Speed difference 147.08 to 113.78. Still a great weekend.
Doug

Lost 2nd rd today. Had him on the tree .029 to .061 but way to much stripe, .053. Speed difference 147.08 to 113.78. Still a great weekend.
Doug
National Dragster just had an article about the same thing, some Super Gas racers are Throttle stop at the end of run, 9.90 at 100 mph vs 9.90 160+mph racers. The big mph advantage isn't there, too hard to judge.

Two mistakes on my part. The 1st was not trusting that the weather had changed enough to run 9.09. Second is I knew the gap was big and didn't tighten it up. Previous run MOV was .0093. If it was cheaper and easy you could win every event.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back