• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mouse deterrent

Sixpactogo

Local time
9:52 PM
Reaction score
Not sure this is in the correct forum but I came across this and was wondering if anyone has used it and if they work. I don't have mice in my shop or storage but they do get in the garage on my house from time to time. Might work better than dryer sheets.

https://www.grandpagus.com/pages/mouse-repellent-pouches?utm_source=TOFU | ABO | LTB | PC LAA 1% | Dynamic&utm_medium=FB&utm_campaign=TOFU | ABO | LTB | PC LAA&utm_content=TOFU | ABO | LTB | PC LAA 1%&fbclid=IwAR3KHVkWrkLGxFsWJqCZmxiOocr_9PDNqCbKcgWpZVQn7UTp1H9rzDunnYY

Yup. Some are tougher than others. I have had good luck with the dryer sheets but one of my buddies put some sheets in his Road Runner one winter. He told me the mice made a nest out of them.

My mice would probably just eat that stuff and **** it out as candy canes!! LOL
My mice would probably just eat that stuff and **** it out as candy canes!! LOL
Run a wire across a pail, first put 2 holes for the wire to go through. Put a pop can lengthwise on the wire. Put peanut butter on the can. Put a mix of antifreeze in the pail. Put a stick/board from the floor to the lip of the pail, from the outside. Walk away.

Been doing that for decades in the hangar..
mousetrap 001.jpg
mousetrap 002.jpg

i just used a bucket with 3" of water and smeared p.b. about half way down 6 in one night in a back shed of mine
20201211_081606.jpg

A couple months ago I read about all different kinds of electronic pest repellants and came upon the conclusion that none of them REALLY work. Then a couple weeks ago a friend told me to put out some aluminum pans full of charcoal briquets so I'm trying that and haven't checked to see if they are working as my car is stored 40 minutes from my home. Will check soon and tell results.

I've tried the spearmint packs, dryer sheets, moth balls, you name it, I have tried it. None have worked. I like the bucket and PB idea. I will be setting that up in the shop tomorrow. We have 2 cats so the house stays mouse free, but with 37 acres of fields and woods, I have mice galore.

I use a product called Fresh Cab in my travel trailer is stored over the winter months (37 acres) close to woods and I have success. I have tried dryer sheets and moth balls spread round (outside) with limited success. The pail idea I have seen works well but wouldn't work in my application due to being outside.

i have 2 cats one fat one that catches mice and brings them in the house!and a feral cat 2 years old now found her at my friends shop, she is a killer, eats them up tail and all , in the garage i don t see any i have the tin cat they go in and die, caught one only in a few years

My daughter's cat catches them.
Then carries them around the house to show them the place....
Then lets them go.
Rotten little bsstard!

I like the poison myself, I put it where only mice can find it. Every winter they find their way into our attic so last winter I put piles everywhere I saw signs of activity, been mouse free since.

my house has aluminum siding and i stuffed steel wool in the corners that where they sneak into the attic
those lil bastards

A friend swears by Fresh Cab. He uses it at home and in his RV.
Found it at Tractor Supply.

Dryer sheets work ok here. A local farmer swore by Irish Spring so tried that too. Mice chewed it up. Like the bucket trap, have done similar. Best has been basic mouse traps baited with peanut butter and having 3 cats.

Auto Transport Service
Back