• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mouse Under the Refrigerator

The local exterminator uses those here all the time and to date, 20+ years later, I have never seen
them catch a single mouse here.
Know what did? Me, sometimes bare-handed - and those cheap Victor mousetraps.

I use them in my camper and compact track loader and they catch em every time. We use them in the house when needed as well and of course you gotta put them against the wall or at a pinch point. I’ve trapped a few critters in my younger days and a mouse is the easiest thing there is to trap.

I use them in my camper and compact track loader and they catch em every time. We use them in the house when needed as well and of course you gotta put them against the wall or at a pinch point. I’ve trapped a few critters in my younger days and a mouse is the easiest thing there is to trap.
I reckon I have smarter mice over here on the ridge then. :)
I'm not kidding - zero mice caught in those here over decades.
Might be ETPC uses an inferior brand?
They still do put those sticky things down in the garage - where they catch dozens of insects
and spiders and lizards and such.

My mice are the other way Ed... couldn't get one in a trap if their life depended on it, like they step over it. Right into the sticky tray beside it. Gotta use the big snake ones though, the little mouse ones they just drag away with the legs outside the pad.

Get the trap pictured below and goop a blob of peanut butter on a couple of the traps. Works better than anything I've tried and you know you got them. I say "them" because there's almost always more than one. Reload the traps if necessary and keep the traps out for a few weeks after you think you've caught the last one.View attachment 1031294
Our mice licked the peanut butter off. 8 times! Then I switched to a little piece of Provolone cheese wrapped by a few inches of dental floss. BOOM! 4 kills in 4 nights. Yeah, I found the hole the contractor made for the hot tub wiring, and filled the joist with clear silicone caulk. No activity since, (3 months ago) and my wife is very happy

Last edited:
I knew a guy who lived in a Winnebago. His wife saw a mouse so he grabbed the .22 pistol....yep. Missed the mouse and killed the water heater. Three times.

I hit a gopher once with a .22, but it was outside. A little tricky, his head kept bobbing up and down, would not keep still for even a second at a time. Only took one shot though.

It was not ALONE!!:elmer::elmer::elmer::elmer::elmer::elmer::elmer::elmer::elmer:
Our mice liked the peanut butter off. 8 times! Then I switched to a little piece of Provolone cheese wrapped by a few inches of dental floss. BOOM! 4 kills in 4 nights. Yeah, I found the hole the contractor made for the hot tub wiring, and filled the joist with clear silicone caulk. No activity since, (3 months ago) and my wife is very happy
Yeah, that was key - to bait the trap so that they had to work at it to get the goody. I shove the little hollow pocket full of stinky cheese and leave none on the outside.
Works every time...and yep, I found where they were getting in.

As a matter of fact, my mouse detective skills were on high alert apparently
- I traced their entire path from outside the house, through a tiny hole in the foundation wall, up through the floor insulation
and through the plumbing hole for the kitchen sink, behind a cabinet...
You could say I got a tad obsessed. :)
I hate the damn things.
What started it all was opening the kitchen closet late one night and picking up a pair of beady eyes on me before I turned the light on. Little bastard was sitting on a metal wire shelf, frozen in place and staring at me.
My first instinct was to grab the sucker bare-handed, but I overshot the grab and wound up literally punching the damn thing to death against the wall.
Oops. :lol:

Last edited:
Uh you know rat shot is little plastic bb's that couldn't hurt a fridge or even dry wall ! A bb gun will do more damage

So now they ricochet all over and take yours or someone else's eye out, still not a good option!

So now they ricochet all over and take yours or someone else's eye out, still not a good option!
Well I guess what works for me won't work for all I've never had a issue it's a .22 once it hits something it's about done moving!
But to each his own .
Mouse traps and poison won't work for me I have a toddler !

image.jpeg
Sometimes it's the 3rd mouse that gets the cheese.

I have a barn that was infested with rats and mice. I put out trays of my homemade rodent killer and they all soon disappear. Mix together in a bag... 1 part each of flour, sugar and baking soda. Dump out a small pile on tin plates and set in their traffic areas. Cheap and works wonders.

I have a barn that was infested with rats and mice. I put out trays of my homemade rodent killer and they all soon disappear. Mix together in a bag... 1 part each of flour, sugar and baking soda. Dump out a small pile on tin plates and set in their traffic areas. Cheap and works wonders.
Probably all left to host a baking show on FOX.... :D

Watching videos on youtube trying to find a way to catch the mouse without a trap. Would prefer to catch it without leaving the house so I know it did not run off and hide elsewhere.

That was the initial post - Post #1

I think most of you need reading glasses

Happy Turkey

Watching videos on youtube trying to find a way to catch the mouse without a trap. Would prefer to catch it without leaving the house so I know it did not run off and hide elsewhere.

That was the initial post - Post #1

I think most of you need reading glasses

Happy Turkey
I think everyone is just pointing out a lesson we all learned long ago............the hard way. "The right tool for the right job."

Auto Transport Service
Back