• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mouse

scottmann27

Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
I be damn opened trunk on my plymouth and a mouse was in the trunk and ran down behind the damn seat. Guess have to put some traps in there, Anyone got a problem like that?

1965 Dodge 016.JPG

Yep,

Just check the trap often. I did that in the cab of my dump truck,,,forgot for a few days,,,Man the STINK.Didn't help it was in the summer sun.
Then find the strongest smelling dryer sheets,place 'um under the seats,trunk and even under the hood to keep 'um away.Works for me !

I put traps in the garage. Usually get a couple of mice at this time of year; i.e., fall.
Try the Bounce sheets as mentioned. Some use moth balls, but the aroma can be strong.
We also put shaved Irish Spring soap in the motorhome to try a keep the little buggers out.

I use peppermint oil in a bag for mine. Keeps spiders and mice out plus it smells good. Have to reapply the oil to pouch about once every 3 months.

Poison poison poison everywhere.

Only problem is following your nose to find them.
I used to use D-Con rat-mouse poison that is little green pellets and come in a small brown box that the perforated top opens on to make a " serving tray" Very effective and the mice never had an odor. They just dried up . Problem is, I can't find D-Con anymore...................................MO

Well it was Monday when I saw the damn thing. So last night was gonna make a beer run and wouldn't you know when I opened the door to get in the car I about puked. The damn thing died in the car I took seats and carpet out and cant seen to find the dead mouse. Did find his nest though. Guess the heat got him as it been warm the last few days. Was going to try to go to a show this weekend but that is hard to do with that smell. Wonder how long this is gonna take?

I was over run with mice a few years back, then the wife started feeding the outside cats.....solved the mouse problem, but soon we had a cat problem

which brings up another memory........ was looking at 2 coronet R/Ts about 10 years back, a 68 and a 69..........popped the trunk on the 69 only to find a cat skeleton, yuk!

I'm not big on cats either. Every time I see cat prints on my cars. I want to shoot and kill every cat in the neighborhood. But I'm sure that cat had to smell terrible

scottman27
You could try Fabreeze ( spelled wrong) I once saw a spot on the headliner,,Yep dead mouse.

Someone mentioned using moth balls - I don’t recommend that at all. Ruined the interior of my brothers car. There was no way he could get the smell of the moth ball out of the interior w/o replacing it. Try the dryer sheets that several have mentioned.

Talc powder......they hate it...and it smells good! & absorbs moisture !

Sprinkle under car, on carpet (vac in spring), along the walls where they run..

they hate getting on their little feet and faces , they are like cats...lick
themselves most of the time....:drama::(

Auto Transport Service
Back