• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moved to VA and about to settle on a new home with a nice Shop!

Bryan H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:51 AM
Reaction score
The new shop looks as if it will take a nice 4-post lift!
garage1.jpg

Step one.. have someone come in and change your door tracks to an angle up. Those door rails will kill the layout ideas and the original installer should have been shot. Congrats on the move and new shop!

Step one.. have someone come in and change your door tracks to an angle up. Those door rails will kill the layout ideas and the original installer should have been shot. Congrats on the move and new shop!
And install a Liftmaster torsion door opener.
Good luck with the place, hope it at least has a bathroom. Anything after that who cares:D

I'd tell you that it a great size garage......but we all know that there's such thing.

Nice start though. Congratulations

Looks like he can go with 24 inch, high lift tracks and a torsion bar Liftmaster like @moparwacko suggested and that door will rest up by the ceiling out of his way. Personally, I would get rid of that 16x10 sectional and go with a insulated rolling steel like Wayne Dalton makes. Just my opinion.

Wall and ceiling insulation helps on those cold winter days. And as has been suggested, an insulated garage door helps alot! Good luck!

Welcome to Virgina! :welcome:

I'm not too far away in Powhatan County.

Let me know if you need to borrow some cars to fill up that garage...

I've heard there is a large cruise-in that happens near Ashland, this website should help you find something:
http://www.carclubcouncil.com/cal.html

burg

Yes, Thought I was gonna need to do something with the tracks and change the height of the turn as well. Just happy I will finally will have a lift! Been a long time wrenching on my back. thanks again for the advice. Always appreciated 4sure!

And install a Liftmaster torsion door opener.
Good luck with the place, hope it at least has a bathroom. Anything after that who cares:D
Thanks man, yes it has a few of 'em and a great piece of land and the inside is all on one level. Cannot wait to get moving before Spring comes.

Wall and ceiling insulation helps on those cold winter days. And as has been suggested, an insulated garage door helps alot! Good luck!
Yes Gary, I agree. I came from a 20x24 Steel Pole building w/8' ceiling (truss) height, Uninsulated and open ceiling and all. Only heated it when in there with a double-wide house trailer furnace using Kero. This is a better design 4sure.

Welcome to Virgina! :welcome:

I'm not too far away in Powhatan County.

Let me know if you need to borrow some cars to fill up that garage...

I've heard there is a large cruise-in that happens near Ashland, this website should help you find something:
http://www.carclubcouncil.com/cal.html

burg
Sounds cool Berg! Yea, I only have one to worry about until my son finds out it can have a lift in it and want me keeping his Duster in there too! Thanks for the Info 4sure. Definitely would like to meet-up at a few of them indeed. Thank Berg

Welcome to Virginia just seen this post

Auto Transport Service
Back