• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MP offset shackles

Polara 500 707

Local time
11:54 PM
Reaction score
I've put some time into researching the offset shackles that MP USED to produce. Does anyone know why they quit making them for the b bodies?? Looks like they still make them for A bodies.

Haven't called Dr. diff yet, but read somewhere he's not making them anymore. I'd love to find a set for my 64. I don't want to get into a 3" spring relocation kit. I don't need that much space and don't really want to get into cutting into my frame.

I'm in the same boat. Called Dr. Diff and Mancini. They say no longer made. I can easily fabricate the offset front hanger, but the rear shackle appears to be some really good steel. Also making it look like the original is more difficult.

Do you mean these?

https://www.summitracing.com/ga/par...oogle-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-mopar-performance

dcc-4120075_w_ml.jpg

Or these
http://www.manciniracing.com/manofshacand1.html

It appears the A body versions may use a different size frame rail bushing than B/E bodies. Not sure but I think the cross bolt diameter size is the same. Otherwise build your own, if you have access to an oxy- accet torch. I built several sets of shackles. Not complicated. I used thicker steel than the factory, just in case.

I’d like to get the complete kit like the ones in the Mancini link. I’ve been wondering if I could get the A body offset shackles and just modify those. Not sure of the differences but it sounds like you’ve at least looked at them and the differences. I’d rather start with something and mod it than bend my own. But if that’s what it comes to, I’ll go that route. I’m pretty determined to get that little extra clearance once I reinstall the rear end. If for some reason someone reads my thread and has a pair they took off to go a different route, definitely let me know. Loving the info. and replies from everyone in this forum already!

Also depend on which springs you have. If I recall correctly B Body front & rear spring diameter varied by year. The A Body stuff may work just fine.

I'm in the same boat. Called Dr. Diff and Mancini. They say no longer made. I can easily fabricate the offset front hanger, but the rear shackle appears to be some really good steel. Also making it look like the original is more difficult.

I have a complete set from Mopar performance
I will take some pics and post it I will sell complete set

Auto Transport Service
Back