• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MP XHD leaf springs for 65 Belvedere

irydebikes

Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score
Sorry if this is covered somewhere else in the forum. I am just starting on a 65 Belvedere II project and want to get Mopar Performance XHD leaf springs for it. I have seen a few things around the interwebs about which spring to get and what spring hanger is needed. What I THINK I need is P4120080 spring hanger brackets and P4452982/983 springs.

Anyone able to confirm (or deny) this would be the correct setup for the car? Thanks in advance!!!

If you install leaf springs with a 22 inch front segment (B body and E body) you will need AR engineering AR- 105 spring hangers. The E body rear spring would be a better fit because it has the same 35 inch rear segment length as your 65. Firm Feel sells the brackets.

I’m in the same boat I was going to use Mopar Super Stock springs on my 65 Satellite but a good buddy, who is way more knowable about Mopars told me that the Mopar springs are inferior quality since they moved to Mexican production facilities.
He recommended I call Springs and Things and get ESCO springs they offer US made springs and come in different ride heights and you don’t need to change hangers

I’m in the same boat I was going to use Mopar Super Stock springs on my 65 Satellite but a good buddy, who is way more knowable about Mopars told me that the Mopar springs are inferior quality since they moved to Mexican production facilities.
He recommended I call Springs and Things and get ESCO springs they offer US made springs and come in different ride heights and you don’t need to change hangers
Just chatted with them and they were great! They have springs made in both the US and Mexico, but not the same factory that MP sources from. They claim built to their spec and no quality issues there. Pricing was super competitive too! Thanks for the tip!!!

Hotchkis is another alternative depending on what your goals and budget are.

Edit: Heed R/T Boy 67's advice. I had to do that exact thing with using b body length springs. Also because of the QA1 shocks I needed the AR431 shock plates with the weldable shock mounts to get enough shock travel. You'd probably avoid the latter with the E body springs.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back